Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Fibre. Any good?

Options
  • 11-08-2021 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone give any feedback on their experience with sky fibre?

Is it as woefully shite as their ADSL connections and terrible sky q router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

FTTC, FTTH, which fibre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

FTTH, I'm with Sky at the moment so when NBP comes along in a few months then I'd like to know what others experience is to decide whether to change provider or not.

Post edited by johnnyboy08 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

When NBP comes along take a look then - with the new system I imagine the difference will be price as contention ratios etc. will be non existent?

Sky have decent customer care but switching companies gets the best value - think people I know have NBP provided fibre for 30 euro for 1GB line a month. Better than my current price (Don't forget that currently 27 euro of your internet bill goes to Eir not sky for line rental)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

There's more to consider than price alone e.g. provided router, connection quality and customer service. I've found the sky q router to be really poor and the connection dropping intermittently daily.

Maybe Sky's fibre is a different experience which I'll have to look at but if others find the router is poor then it'll be a no. Their customer service has deteriorated since Covid unfortunately.

There are indeed cheaper options like you've said but some of the reviews for those providers aren't great.

Advertisement