Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas fire or stove?

• 11-08-2021 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi

We moved into our house last Christmas and have a gas fire currently in the house. It's an old Calypso gas fire but doesn't work as spark seems to be gone. If you light it using a lighter with gas running it comes on but goes off soon after.

We were thinking of replacing it with a hole in the wall type gas fire. However we are now also considering a stove.

I'm concerned gas fires will go off the market and if it breaks in a few years I won't be able to get parts to fix or will be very expensive.

Where I understand a stove will need some parts like back plate replaced it's relatively cheap to do so.

The room is about 3.5m in width, 5.5m in length and floor to ceiling is 2.5m.

For above room size what kw of heat is needed?

It's a semi detached house built in 1998. So I think it's cavity blocks at front of house and then solid block for neighbouring wall in which fireplace/chimney is situated.

Would a gas fire be cheaper to run than a stove lit by fire logs?

The below has max heat output of 3 8kw. Would this be enough with central heating?

https://www.thegascompany.ie/chimney-hole-in-the-wall-gas-fires/971860-riva2-400-edge-gas-fire-grv2400cv.html

Comments

Advertisement