Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What To Do with a HP Elitedesk Mini?

Options
  • 11-08-2021 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I picked up one of the below from Adverts and I'm unsure what to use it for. I was hoping for some inspiration here:

It's got an Intel Core i5-8500T, 8GB of Ram (I'll upgrade to 16GB later) and a 480GB Kingston SSD. I believe there are two NVME M2 slots onboard so I can add expansion that way.

I had been thinking for a while about making a machine that can back-up all of my photos (I have a daughter and photos are precious) but I guess that a proper small server with RAID functionality might be a better setup for that.

The other option I was going with was to add more storage either by NVME or an external USB drive and turn it into a PLEX server. I have lots of content I haven't viewed/listened to in ages because I haven't had a convenient machine to store them on. I'm also fortunate that I've a nice TEAC DAC so could run USB out of this and into that and then into an amp for decent sound quality.

Anywhoo, I'd appreciate some advice and ideas.

Comments

Advertisement