Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin mother shares footage of offered council house

1121314151618»

Comments

This looks like an interesting programme about people who left the city life for the country. https://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/lifestyle/moving-west-a-new-reality-40537991.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think it was on the Independant... But she didn't show any footage of the apartment, just the area around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Well another day another single mother of 4 kids, no mention of fathers of course.

I suppose in fairness, as poster above noted, te future is secure if all these kids work to improve the country in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Ms Mulqueen’s children are aged eight, four, two and three weeks

Ms Mulqueen said she had been homeless for nearly seven years, up to the middle of last year, and desperately needed a home.

TUSLA should be involved. Banging out kids when you can't even put a roof over their head. What is it going to take for personal responsibility to make a comeback?? We really need to end this nanny state nonsense.

Neither the media nor the politicians want to question or action it.

When they get into these houses they don't feel as though they should spend a penny on anything in them.

I'd bet she's into the Community Welfare officer for every housing item(beds, cooker, fridge etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whoy do these people insist on bringing attention to themselves...

she got an elaborately forged drivers licence from “two Polish men in an apartment”

With 16 previous convictions including three for dangerous driving Ms Mulqueen had a four year ban in place at the time and has since received an eight year ban.

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/01/29/mothers-excuse-for-elaborate-forged-licence-was-unbelievable/

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭cheezums

Highly unlikely she has both mice and rats. You dont find the two together. And every house/apartment I've ever lived in has had a mouse or three at some point. Looks decent enough all things considered.

Similar story in Enniscorthy. https://headtopics.com/ie/young-enniscorthy-family-just-want-somewhere-safe-to-go-asleep-at-night-23367443

On the housing list 8 years. “The couple’s children are age two and three, and they also have a five-month old baby.Teresa also has two older autistic children, from a previous relationship, but she said they can’t visit the house at all because of the state of the property.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Meanwhile Lynn runane is in another paper standing up for lone parents only wanting to live beside mammies house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is there any party or politician calling out this stuff around cradle to grave state rearing?

I agree with posters above, producing more and more kids with no means is reckless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

“Ms Mulqueen, who gave birth to her fourth child three weeks ago, said their two-bedroom bungalow is too cramped and claimed it is stained in rodent urine and excrement.”

God forbid she was to clean the place before it reached this state.

At least she made an effort and put on her nicest set of pyjamas for the reporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭bmc58

I'd hazard a guess that the lady is expecting a fourth child.But what about the father?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

personal responsibility hasn't gone anywhere, rather your interpretation of what constitutes it is not only different to other's definition, but in genera it can and will only get people to a certain level which will be higher or lower depending on one's circumstances.

tusla are not going to get involved just because someone receives help from the state with housing, or because they have children in circumstances which you disagree with, because tusla's job is to deal with situations where neglect and abuse is taking place, not to deal with people not acting to your specific morals.

if tusla were to get involved in every case where people were having children when receiving help from the state with housing, they would get absolutely nothing done and the whole system would collapse, because the resources are not there and quite thankfully would never be given that actual issues of neglect are more important and they should be getting the extra resources that would and should be given to tusla.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

She got the house last year.

She was homeless (her words) for the previous seven years.

Her kids are eight years old, four years old, two years old and three weeks old.

I’m sure you can do basic math.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

not only can i do basic maths, but i can do complicated maths as well.

however it doesn't change the facts of what i stated in relation to your reply which was looking for tusla to get involved with this mother for reasons that ultimately amount to her not living up to your own personal morals.

ultimately as i said that is never going to happen.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Another fine upstanding citizen who will go from cradle to grave expecting the state to do everything for her.

I see from the other article she is a criminal as well but no fear that was mentioned in the Mirrors story, they were too busy getting her to hold up a mouse trap.

M

Anyone who questions it is given abuse by the media and representatives of these scrotes, when they try to then reply the media pull away the means to do so. Similar to what happened to Peter Casey when he questioned why 6 brand new top of the range houses were sitting idle for over a year because those going to move in to them wanted stables to be fitted.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/it-s-a-disgrace-anger-in-thurles-as-traveller-homes-dispute-goes-to-court-1.3949521

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not a hope of it.

No TD has the backbone to say anything against "the most vunerable".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

What happened here in the end? Are the houses now occupied?

• Advertisement
    M

Not sure couldn't see anything else on it. Tried to look at satellite pics of the town but it's not clear where exactly the development is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Edit

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Btw, have shinners and PBF jumped aboard her cause yet?

I bet if you did some IQ testing on all adults who have been on the dole continuously for 10 years or more, you would find that most have an IQ below 90.

One of the challenges is that the average IQ of 100 (or 97 in Ireland) is just that — an average. For every person with an IQ of 120, there will be someone with an IQ of 80. And in a population of millions that will result in hundreds of thousands of people who frankly aren’t capable of working or planning their lives to any satisfactory standard.

I fear that it’s not really a solvable problem.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Those house should have been given to people at the top of the housing list once they started demanding grazing land on top of stables ,I know some of the sites in and around south Dublin and none of them came with stables or grazing lands .

That council made a massive mistake

Yeah, last update on Thurles is Tipp Co Co denying there was ever an agreement for land and stables with the houses. Cheek of the feckers.

• Advertisement

Doubt any other halting site or traveller accomodation have been given stables and acre's of grazing lands ,many people going into social housing won't ever have a garden,let alone stables and grazing land

I meant cheek of the travellers demanding it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Don't worry.

Were gonna build 100,000 houses at a massive expense to the tax payer and hand them to people like this one.

Soon a right to housing will be enshrined in the constitution.

This homeless con has been going on for years now and noone will stop it.

Honest people are been screwed and laughed at by the welfare class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

She gave birth 3 weeks ago and not one mention of the father?

Another immaculate conception.

Ours housing policy is crazy and is going to lead to serious brain drain, all cheerled by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

No. In fact most will press for more social housing.

• Advertisement

If you think that woman has worked a day in her life, I've a lovely bridge to sell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I do. And they deserve help.

But the majority don't.

We need to root out the honest working ones from the scanners and leeches.

We need to root out the honest working ones from the scanners and leeches.

And do what then?

Give them cheap, basic dormitory style accommodation. They want a nice cushy house, get a job and contribute for it. Make childrens allowance a tax break for the third child onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

In fairness, thats not a bad idea, I'd say it would be possible to have separation/isolation possible with canteen facilities (include training facilities as part of a campus), security, ie managed lifestyles, ie not a free for all where you can have your mates over for parties. Having children and identity of other parent unknown should not be a route to getting a house, so it's going to be a necessity to have facilities that cater to single parents. I'd be un-inclined to make them apartments with cooking facilities as thats the same as giving someone an apartment. If you make it too easy, it will just be a route to abuse, but it could suit many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Kids are used as weapons and our government happily accept it.

I was watching Supergarden a couple of years ago. There was a new social housing development, in Rolestown or something.

Grand, there was a disabled person in a wheelchair, no qualms about them but then there was a single mum of two. No visible disability, no hardships experienced, no special needs for the garden only for it to be romantic.

Single mum Nicola (39) describes herself as a ‘total hopeless romantic’, she is looking for the man of her dreams to help her achieve her happy ever after. She grew up on a farm and wants her boys Tristan and Reuben (10), to have a rural childhood. Nicola separated from her husband 3 years ago and had been renting a house locally so the boys could continue attending Rolestown National School. The insecurity of renting was tough on Nicola and the boys. They used to drive by the development while it was still being built but never dreamed they would actually get a house here. Getting the house in Rowlestown was like winning the lottery, providing some much-needed security for the family.

It seemed the only reason she got a free house was "renting insecurity" which 99% of people renting have to put up with! But because she has kids she gets a free house.

Getting the house in Rowlestown was like winning the lottery

Getting a free house worth at 300k IS winning the lottery!

Anyways, RTE facebook page was posting images of each garden. I was reading through the comments and there were comments tagging the lady saying her garden was great. So I go into to public facebook profile for a look. She was on a two week tour around Ireland on her staycation. We, taxpayers, are literally funding these people to have great times of it.

Too many popping out kids because they know it'll get them a free house.

The bleeding hearts will be along any time now to tell you that once she receives it, it becomes her money and she can spend it on what she likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My mother and her 5 siblings all married people who came from social housing. Know how many of my generation in the family live in social housing? Zero.

That's precisely how it's 'supposed' to go; you give people who require it the leg up they need and they invest in the subsequent generations to ensure they make something of themselves.

This generational tradition of relying on social housing needs to stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement