Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Ballyduff like to live in?

Options
  • 11-08-2021 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

We're looking at moving to North Kerry (from Limerick) in the next few months. I can do the WFH and would love to be somewhere scenic and near those beaches.

We've seen a few properties in Ballyduff that look nice. Had heard it's a lovely quiet spot and anytime we've visited it seems like a pleasant, friendly place.

Just a few days back I heard a few stories about drug-dealing, anti-social behaviour etc there. A few Google searches are showing serious enough crime reports.

But a certain amount of these things seem to go on in every small town in Ireland now. Is Ballyduff a particularly bad spot?

Sadly Limerick has some small towns and villages that have gotten a real bad reputation for crime (regeneration they called it!) Is it the same around that part of Kerry, would there be places to stay away from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Ballyduff quiet in that regard more a mature age living there

I often wonder about these "what's it like" threads.

I love where I live. Others hate it and have moved on to cities, other countries. It's a very subjective choice, in fact I know areas within a mile of where I live where I would not like to live! Every town and village in Ireland has drugs and bored youngsters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Couldn't agree more! I really don't like answering posts asking what a place is like. As you say, one person won't like it, another will. People have their own opinions on places. I love Tralee, but I hate the estate I live in! The area is nice, just don't like the estate, I'm sure others love it! Just all depends on your experiences in a place. I have never heard anything bad about Ballyduff.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

There is drugs in every single village in Ireland, and that will never change.

I can’t see how that would affect you in anyway though.

Ballyduff would be a rural village, they play a lot of hurling back there and it is close to Ballybunion beach.

You could look at Ardfert or Ballyheigue, both still rural areas but would be closer to Tralee and have lovely beaches.

Advertisement