Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomatoes

Options
  • 11-08-2021 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Can anyone give me their opinion on my tomato plants - they were thriving and are now suddenly wilting.

Are they just dead or is there something I can do to save them?

They were grown indoors and were fed / watered everyday - for a period of time the plants would soak all of the water given to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Green and blue things

Pot might be a little small for the size they are now? You can prune some of the leaves especially lower ones to take pressure off. Over watering looks the same as under watering - you can let tomatoes dry out a little - in fact I’ve seen it recommended to get them to flower or fruit - think they don’t like to be always sitting in water. Last possibility is a pest or disease but this is less likely indoors. Check the stems for black spots and the underside of the leaves for aphids. They obviously like the light and conditions where they are or they wouldn’t have gotten to such a good height there. Best of luck with them 🤞

Advertisement