Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to walk from Pavilions to Vaccination Clinic at the show center.

• 12-08-2021 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭

I have a vaccination appointment this week and I don't drive, so my plan was to get a bus to Pavilions and walk to the clinic via R132.

Is this a safe walk? Is it even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes. It's a across a motorway, but it's safe. I'm guessing 20 minute walk. Probably safer to exit the pavilions from the main street at Penneys, then take a left, and walk all the way down that road . It's actually probably longer than 20 minutes.

There is a bus that goes from the front of pavilions down to the show centre. I think it's the 41, but you might want to double check that.

Maybe whatever bus you are getting to the pavilions, might keep going to the show centre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Alternatively you could pick up a taxi in the rank at the Pavilions if that suited you either.

Getting a bus to Airside or Boroimhe would get you closer again to the Show centre.Or to the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's not a motorway, it's the R132 dual carriageway like the OP says.

If you do need to walk, exit the Pavilions onto the Swords village main street, rather than onto the dual carriageway, and you can walk safely down onto the Swords Road to the NSC with footpaths all the way.

But you shouldn't need to walk, the 41 bus serving Swords stops close to the NSC at the roundabout with the Naul Road. Ask the driver to give you a shout and make sure you don't miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Any of the bus routes indicated from where you are?

All the 41s go from Swords and if it's easier to get to the SG by bus it will save an uphill walk

Advertisement