If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year warranty

Options
  • 13-08-2021 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Is the 6-year warranty on TVs real? or there are some catches? How come you are giving 6-year warranty when other vendors are giving only1-2 years? what do I do if there is a malfunction in year 4? call the seller or call the manufacturer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

You could do that without the warranty. Are you paying extra for the warranty?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Ewiz9.

Thanks for the post.

There are no catches with our free VIP 6 year guarantee.

Please see the link below for our T&C's regarding the 6 year guarantee.

If there is a malfunction within the 6 years you simply drop us a call or an email and we would arrange for an engineer to call out and assess the issue.

This is all free of charge. (DOES NOT COVER ACCIDENTIAL DAMAGE).

We give our 6 year guarantee free of charge with lots of products as we believe in the products that we sell, we also want to give our customers piece of mind when purchasing with ourselves and also that our service does not end when you make a purchase and we are here for the full length of the 6 year guarantee.

I can't comment on why other retailers don't offer deals like this. I suppose this is one of the things that sets us apart from other electrical retailers.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

I got the free 6 year warranty with a TV i purchased from RS back in 2016. TV died earlier this year and I have got to say that the service and outcome I got from RS under the warranty was absolutely fantastic.

Hey OpenGoal.

Thanks for your input and very glad to hear that everything wen t smoothly when you had an issue with your original purchase.

Our 6 year guarantee really is a great product and gives our customer piece of mind when making a purchase from ourselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

I would add and this is in no way meant to be negative that the guarantee doesnt cover burn in to oled tvs - i think this should be called out as its an issue that has impacted early oled adopters. RS deal with everyone brilliantly but i think its fair that this is called out.

• Advertisement

Hi Micks_Address.

Unfortunately screen burn is not covered by our 6 year guarantee.

LG's own manufacturers warranty does also not cover screen burn. I know that on some older models LG have worked directly with customer who have purchased OLED's and helped with the cost of the repairs but this has been done directly with LG and not via Richersounds.

LG say that image retention is not a manufacturers fault. Its a bit like the older plasma TV's that could also get screen burn from static images being display for long periods of time.

The newer generations of OLED have came a long way and screen burn it pretty unheard of but is still a possibility if you have static image in the same place for long periods of time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.