Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to consider when buying a new smart television.

• 13-08-2021 8:58am

It may not fit the Table! Most of the new tvs have the legs at the ends of the set, not in the centre..

The average 50 inch requiring a table at least 40 inches wide, a new stand may cost around €50.although Curry's want over €100.

On a slightly more technical challenge, if you want to connect an old existing analogue audio system, most Samsung TV only have tosslink fibre optical,or hdmi audio out,requiring a dac or soundbar with arc.

Sorry if post is in the wrong place,it's good to be back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It may not fit the Table! Most of the new tvs have the legs at the ends of the set, not in the centre.

If the legs don't fit on the table then the table isn't wide enough and the edges of the TV will overhang left and right. Which means it will be far too easy to bump against the side of the TV and knock it over. I'd never buy a TV that was wider than the table it was going on.

The average 50 inch requiring a table at least 40 inches wide, a new stand may cost around €50.although Curry's want over €100.

Never buy accessories like a table, wall mount or cables from an electrical retailer. You've just spent several hundred euros on the appliance so you're very vulnerable to the upsell and another 150-200 on bits and bobs won't seem much. But there is a double whammy of limited selection and massive markup.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭noelfitz

I have just bought a new TV, and as it is too large to place on the table where my old TV was I put a piece of floor-board on the table and my TV on this. It works fine and seems stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Are you messing? I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Incase you aren’t joking this is a complete hazard and it likely looks absolutely ridiculous.

Can you post a photo please?

Bigmax1Euro,

many thanks for your reply to me. I appreciate hearing from you and my set-up is probably more stable than you imply.

My TV is on a board placed on a piece of furniture.

The TV is 43 inches. The furniture the board is on is about 49 cm long, the board is 71 cm, thus the board extends beyond the furniture by 11 cm at each ennd.

There is plenty of room for the TV to be stable.

I am very excited with my new TV, but have queries.

• How can I get help in using it, as I find phoning VM difficult?
    • Is it sufficient to use the VM remote only and not those with the Samsung TV?
    • The sound, even at max, is not very loud, would a sound-bar help?

Suggestions about where to submit queries re Samsung TV and VM Broadband and answers to my concerns welcome.

Regards.

Bigmac1euro

Here is an attempt to send a photo. Sorry it is on its siide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement