Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you really need bar ends??

Options
  • 13-08-2021 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

As it says do you need Bar ends??

Reason i ask is i thought i had tightened one that was loose but when i came back from a spin it was gone 🤦‍♂️

Do i need to replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'd say yes. There purpose is to dissipate the vibrations when riding. Its like ear plugs, without them after a while you'd eventually wish you had used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That and I'd imagine it's no crack getting jabbed by a non closed end Handlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

yeah, vibration one thing and help with steering balance too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yep. One of mine fell off and I left it for a while. Didn't take long before I got fed up with the buzziness on that end of the bar and fitted another one.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Make sure they're of equal weight, the heavier the better. A lot of those light alloy ones are useless.

Advertisement