Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please - possible switch to another provider

Options
  • 14-08-2021 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there

Looking for a little advice please. I've been fortunate enough to have my broadband bill/account reside on the overall Eir bill of the company i work for for the last couple of years, so never got a bill, it was just paid via the overall Eir bill that the company paid.

Unfortunately, the company is closing so that benefit is now gone and my broadband got shifted from their bill to a residential account that's sent directly to me. Just received it and it's pretty hefty (i feel). They're looking for €195 (two monthly charge). The package i'm been charged for is called "Business Adv Boost Broadband". This translates to speeds of 90Mbps down and 20Mbps up (according to speedtest). To be fair, i'm happy enough with the speed of the broadband, it's fine, just that i feel it's pretty costly.

I suppose the question i have is, given that it's my first bill and i have not technically entered any contract with Eir just yet, would anyone see any benefit in attempting a switch to another provider, for example? Any advice/thoughts appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 simulacra75

Don't want to further confuse the issue but, right now, the current BB is via copper from a manhole right out on the foot path at the front of the house.

Have noticed that the ESB pole that's 2 doors up from me has the below on bolted onto it (as does the pole 2 doors down from the house). I believe that these are FTTH boxes (open to correction), and apologies for the orientation, not my fault!

Advertisement