Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra virgin olive oil

• 14-08-2021 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have fallen in love with extra virgin olive oil on my salads. I have tried several brands from shopping centres, but I heard the fresher the oil, the nicer it will taste.

What oil you would recommend and best place to buy freshest possible oil, preferably online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Loads of websites you could try for olive oil tasting sets but you could also Google Italian Delicatessen near me (or Dublin) and then call a few and explain what you’re looking for. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

The freshest you will get at the moment is last year’s harvest (October). The expensive bottles may have the harvest date on the labels. Good idea to try a tasting set. I haven’t seen any in Little Italy in Dublin; there is a Italian food importer in Newtownmountkennedy you could call but I’m afraid I don’t remember their name, sorry. Otherwise as Gloomtastic says, try online.

Advertisement