Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weirdest thing you've seen happen at a friend's house that they thought was normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

A sick calf lying in the corner with a blanket over it in the entrance hall, talking 1986 or thereabouts

I grew up in a rural area and farmers were like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Happened to be at a distant neighbours with my father on a message when the Angelus rang.

The whole family, mammy (leading), daddy, 5 daughters and son launched into, "The angel of the Lord...." where they were standing.

Thankfully I had also received extensive Angelus training and was able to join in unperturbed.

But even in our First Fridaying, Corpus Cristing, annual Knock and Lady's Island pilgrimaging family, I thought it very Catholic at the time.

Post edited by josip on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

One lad had a black hole about three feet across burnt in the carpet in his room where he'd just been putting fags out on the floor for what looked like several months.

Nobody else in the room at the time seemed to think it was strange.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I remember when I was a kid my mum broke her tailbone and had to go to A&E, so we were minded by the neighbour up the road. We were friendly with their kids, but had never been in the house before.

It was dinner time, and she served us up bowl of shepherd's pie with baked beans on the side. This itself was bad for me because I can't stand baked beans, but I knew it would be rude to say anything so I was steeling myself to just force it down when all of a sudden she comes round the table with the milk jug and poured milk all over the whole lot, like how you'd put milk on cereal.

My sisters looked as horrified as I felt, but the neighbour kids just lashed into theirs, so this was clearly the way this dish was always served in their house. How I managed to eat it without vomiting I'll never know. Even now, I can feel myself gagging a bit as I picture the baked beans floating around in the milk. 🤢

Advertisement