Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could the Quest 2 Replace a Large Screen/Projector for Watching Films?

Options
  • 14-08-2021 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if I'll get an answer as this forum seems to have died in the ''upgrade'' aswell but as per the thread title, would you actually use your quest 2 to watch content on a regular basis or is it just a gimmick and the resolution isn't good enough yet or is it too uncomfortable etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've used my quest 2 for Netflix and Prime binges. Zero Resolution issues with HD material tbh. If I can be arsed to put Kodi on it? It would be a fantastic way to watch sports and so on. I have a projector, and an OLED TV set up but sometimes the isolation of the headset can a great way to immerse yourself in something IMO.

The one caveat I'd want is to make sure the FOV is lockable, that tilting your head doesn't have you looking around the screening room rather than just having the screen locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

You certainly get the experience, but the slight screen door is the main issue and the fact you have the unit on your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Quest 3 absolutely perfect, Quest 2 still great... the screendoor effect can largely be ignored once you get into a movie

Advertisement