Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH, ethernet?

Options
  • 15-08-2021 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello,

Sister is going to be WFH 3 days a week. Got sent home on Friday with equipment and they are looking for her to use an ethernet connection. She has Eir FTTH which was brought in through the sitting room wall. Her office is the upstairs bedroom so obviously she can't get an ethernet connection up there, can't work in the sitting room as there would be no privacy. Any suggestions for what we could do in layman's terms as we are both near Luddites as you can probably tell from the post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

I'm sure more knowledgeable people than me will be along, but you could get one of the eir Smart WiFi hubs.

I got 2 of them to connect to my own eir FTTH and they're painless to setup and excellent (so far). They have 2 ethernet ports, and connect back to the eir F3000 router wirelessly, so your sister just puts it upstairs and plugs in to it. Otherwise I'm sure some other WiFi mesh units, or PowerLine adapters could also work?

Advertisement