Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some sad news - RIP Boards.ie: Mark, aka Sabre0001

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ALS

Lovely words … Rest in peace pal…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭corkie

So sorry to read this

RIP Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm very sorry to hear this, my deepest condolences to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Sad news. RIP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Shocking news Niamh, puts all the other stuff in perspective.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Christ, puts arguments about drop down menus and font sizes in perspective. Sincere condolences to Mark's family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Comhrá

RIP and condolences to his family friends and colleagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Sad sad news. Sorry to the Boards community who knew him.

Rest easy Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RIP Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,125 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

RIP Mark. Sympathies to collea,friends and family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you all, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

My condolences to Marks’s family, friends and all his colleagues on boards.ie.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis. 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wow this is devastating news.

I had good few dealings with Mark and he was nothing but a gentleman. He always came across as a lovely person.

RIP Mark. Thanks for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Pistachio

RIP, very sorry to hear that. Condolences to Mark's family, friends and colleagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

Very sad to hear that. Condolences to friends, family, and colleagues.

Rest In Peace Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OllieDro

Sad news. RIP Mark 🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

To all Marks family and friends I am sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences to you all during such difficult times.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

RIP

Condolences to his family, and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jelly Legs

Extremely sad news. Sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

RIP Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's absolutely shocking news Niamh. I had a lot of time for Mark, he was incredibly helpful and supportive when I was an admin, and always a pleasure to deal with. He'll be hugely missed not just in the office but also by the Boards community. My condolences to his family and loved ones. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

That's such heartbreaking news.

My sincere condolences to Mark's family and friends and to all his work colleagues. Can't imagine the shock.

Take care of yourselves. RIP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Shocking news, RIP Mark.

Condolences to family and friends.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jaysus, no age. May he rest in peace.

My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm absolutely shocked by this absoutely awful news. Mark was an original member of the Irish Fighting Game community which has it's roots here on boards.ie and regularly attended events all over the country back in 2010-2012. He helped run the Limerick events back in the day and was just one of the nicest, most decent people I've ever met in my life. The kind of guy that I doubt ever made an enemy or upset anyone, just a complete gentleman.

I'm just absolutely gutted to hear this news. One of those things where you always think to yourself "god, yeah what's he up to these days? I must catch up with him at our next event" :(

GGs Mark, rest in peace. You wont be forgotten.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Very sad news. R.I.P. Mark and my condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

setanter

RIP and @boards.ie staff and friends and indeed family of Mark- you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

RIP Mark. I am sorry to hear of his sudden passing, thoughts to all who knew and loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Terrible news - my condolences to his family, friends and colleagues in and around Boards.ie

RIP Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Sad news, condolences to family friends and co-workers. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Very sad news.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We should change our pictures to either a Munster or Ireland Rugby logo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Very sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace ❤️

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

What very sad news, condolences to Mark's family and to his colleagues in boards. Rest in Peace

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

RIP Mark. Gone but never forgotten. Thanks for all your hard work, especially on the migration to the new software.

Life is honestly so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Darth Melkor

Condolences to all his family, colleagues and friends. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

Terribly sad news. RIP Mark. Nice tribute Niamh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

RIP Mark, condolence to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Very sad news indeed. I didnt know Mark personally but I would have exchanged a good few PMs with him over the years and I always found him to be more than helpful. One of the nice guys who has been taken long before his time.

My condolences to his family, to his colleague Niamh and to everyone who knew him. Rest in peace Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So sad, RIP you good man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Sorry to hear of this sad news and I'm thinking of those that knew him. Rest easy Mark.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam .

RIP Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

I had the pleasure of knowing mark as a friend when we worked together many moons ago when we both were in HMV in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick.

I introduced him to a then new site called YouTube when he was looking for somewhere to start uploading gaming related videos and we started streaming Ultimate Fifa Adventures with a few other friends.

Unfortunately as time went on and we both moved to different jobs and lives we drifted apart, messaging once in a blue moon.

It speaks to how good of a guy he was that despite not seeing him in person for at least 6 or 7 years that I am still absolutely gutted after his passing.

One of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever had the pleasure to know.

RIP Mark and condolences to everyone who was lucky enough to know you.

I'm happy I have our YouTube videos to remember those great days, even if I didn't realise how great they were until now.

Thats awful sad news, so young too

Our thoughts are with his family,friends and colleagues

May he rest in peace and his memory be a blessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Kilteragh

So very sad. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭brodsy

A lovely tribute Niamh. Sincere condolences to Mark's family and friends and colleagues. May he Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,410 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

So sorry to hear this, condolences to his family and friends.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm so shocked by this, a few hours ago my friend told me that his neighbour had died at the weekend and he had been on the scene trying to help and comfort his girlfriend, then later tonight he said he said he found out that I knew him on facebook and it was Mark.

I met Mark from when he first joined boards and had his esports site (he even told me I was the top search term on his site and I rememeber laughing and joking with him about it so long ago) , and then again at boardgame meetups and boards meetups, for the last 16 years. When we would meet it would be like we were never apart, instant friends again. He would always be smiling and laughing, joking, a really kindhearted nice person, someone you meet and you know that they are just good to the core. RIP Mark, I am so glad that I got to know you, I'll remember you for the rest of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭sporina

Very sad news - condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.. RIP Mark

Advertisement