Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some sad news - RIP Boards.ie: Mark, aka Sabre0001

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I attended the Service for Mark yesterday afternoon and despite the restrictions there was a large turnout of friends and family.

After a pretty dull and dreary start to the day , by 3pm the sun was shining and it was a beautiful afternoon.

As per the family request large numbers of people were wearing Bright colours and Sports Jerseys of all kinds to celebrate Marks life - It was lovely to see.

I didn't get to go inside the chapel due to the limit on numbers but it was great to see such a big crowd turn out from all over the country for Mark.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

@Quin_Dub I was there too, I didn't get inside either but stood at the patio where I could see and hear the service and it was a really lovely one despite the sadness of the day. Everyone who spoke about Mark spoke beautifully and it's clear to see how popular he was in every facet of his life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Really sorry to read this

Sincere condolences to all of Mark's family and friends

May he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Rip, very sad news

Guys, reading this thread has brought Mark's family a lot of comfort over the past few difficult days. His parents have asked me to pass on their sincere thanks to you all for the condolences offered and for the lovely posts you have written about him. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

@Quin_Dub @Boards.ie: Niamh I was there too, couldn't have been standing more than a few feet from ye. It was a lovely service and great to see all the colour and diverse groups of friends. Everyone who spoke did an amazing job. Mark was an absolute gent, when you meet his family you can see why. Just great people.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My sympathies to Mark and his family and anyone on here that knew him ..... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

So sorry to hear this. RIP Mark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is shocking, only stumbled across this thread seeing the title and didn't at all expect to read what happened and for it then to be Mark. Had the pleasure of meeting him in person a good few years ago at the Games Fleadh in Thurles, we were sat at the same table for dinner that night and he mentioned something that instantly made me say 'omg you are Saber from boards aren't you', we used to talk over on the FIFA forum at times or in PM about stuff as he was doing youtube videos and getting into all that side of things. Once the penny dropped we chatted about all of that and had a few other mutual friends at the table and it was a great night of craic and banter. Used to follow his youtube videos and from time to time he would post on the forum. A lovely guy who came across as extremely genuine and friendly and just an all-around nice guy. Very tragic to hear he passed suddenly and at a young age, condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've never met this guy in real life but I might have his read his posts on the rugby & F1 threads over the years on this site. I've only just read this thread tonight after seeing the title on the homepage. I cannot believe that this man had died so young. It puts life into perspective for all of us. I hope that he is at peace now. RIP Mark. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So sorry to hear of this news, may he RIP. Condolences to all of his family and friends x

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭XLR 8

May he rest in peace..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Bummer.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Horrible news, thoughts with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

Rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Sorry to hear this and my condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Really sad news. Did not know Mark that well, played on a tag rugby team with him in 2006. Seemed like a really nice guy. Condolences to Mark's family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

So so sorry to read this, God bless his family friends and colleagues who have lost his friendship, love and support..... sending condolences in particular to his partner and family.

It seems the world has lost a true gentleman.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So sorry to hear this. Rest in peace Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Very sad news, Mark was a good guy.

Hope the boards LTD folks are doing ok, take care of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dinter2k

Sorry to hear. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rzelkyy

Deepest condolences to Mark's family and frieends.

Mark was a great person. When we were working together on the eSports.ie project he was very proactive, full of energy and helping others in need. Very skillful and educated, he was always setting up new goals and finding ways to reach them. He was the 'pushing force' for me, and I am pretty sure for others around him as well.

Rest in peace Mark. You will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

So sorry to hear this, did not know Mark, but he sounds like a lovely guy. So sad to be taken from his family and friends so young. May he RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Rest in Peace.

I've removed a couple of posts that were well meant but inappropriate for this thread. Mark died peacefully in his sleep as was said in his death notice.

We really do appreciate the kind thoughts that have been posted 🙂

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr Hindley

Oh, that's awfully sad - heartbreaking for all his family, but it sounds like he was a wonderful man and was given a wonderful send-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brownangel

I wish to add my condolences on the sudden death of Mark.

I hope that the continuation of Boards.ie will be a testament to his memory.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm so sad to read this. Love, condolences and warmest thoughts to all who knew and loved him. May he rest in peace.

Advertisement