Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having an issue with the airpod pros not auto connecting to their Apple Watch (Series 5)

Options
  • 17-08-2021 10:42pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

About a week or so ago I started to notice a problem when wearing my airpods and taking a call via my watch, I do a good bit of driving with work and I would often have taken a call on my watch while having my airpods in, and never had any issues, that is up to last week. I had my airpods in last week and my phone rang, as I was driving, I just answered it via my watch, however the audio only came through the watch. I didnt think much of it, until it happened a few times since.

I contacted Apple on Friday and had a couple of agents called me back and they all agreed that the issue may be with the Airpods, Im not sure tbh, anyway, my airpods have been returned now. Today, while in work, I asked a work colleague if he would try and see if the same happens with him, and lo and behold, it does, his airpod pros are also no longer auto connecting to his watch. This cant be a coincidence. Anyone here experience the same?

I am 100% certain that in the past when I had my airpods in and if a call came through and I answered it from my watch, the audio would automatically be routed to my airpods. Now that my airpods are gone back to be checked, I am back using my beatsX and Ive already noticed that once they connect to my phone, they auto connect to my watch also, whereas in the bluetooth menu on the watch it would be saying Airpod Pros not connected when they are connected to my phone.

Advertisement