Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Shower Mixer Tap

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What brand is it? Does it include a thermostat? Best thing would be to find the instructions for the tap and look at those. I have a Hansgrohe unit that looks similar. The right hand control operates a thermostat, which can be adjusted by removing the end cover to expose the bits that are adjustable - as you will see if you read through this: https://assets.hansgrohe.com/mam/celum/celum_assets/16__argh0713_pdf.pdf?3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks Cnocbui, a plumber who was recommended to me (but has since left the country) installed it but I don't know the brand, don't know if it has a thermostat and don't have the instruction manual (thanks for sharing the instructions from your model) so I'm in the dark on that score but based on the instructions for your model, which looks similar but not the same, I'll have a crack at seeing if I can set the max temp at a lower temp than it currently is.

ATM it seems to go from a minimum of scalding hot to blister inducing hot!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Do you have a hot water cylinder or combi boiler?

Has the problem always been there from the start or is it a recent issue?

Have a Hot water cylinder and I think the problem has been there from shortly after it was installed. It's kind of a spare / guest shower so I haven't paid much attention when people said it was hot or whatever as I just thought they couldn't figure out which knob controlled the flow (left) and which controlled the temperature (right) but I've recently had to use the shower myself and couldn't believe that when the temp control knob was turned away from me in the "cold" direction it stopped at what seems it's limit and the water is still scalding.

Tried turning the temp control knob fully the other way in the vain hope that somehow the hot/cold markings were the wrong way round but alas all that does it bring the water up to boiling point!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's very possible that the cap was put on the dial / cartridge in the wrong position at the time of installation. The solution could be as simple as removing the chrome cap, adjusting the cartridge and then putting the cap back on.

I would take the cap off. You should then be able to turn the cartridge all the way to cold and all the way to hot. You want to turn the cartridge so that it is cooler. Then put the cap back on.

• Advertisement

Advertisement