Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Affairs/IMHO Government Discussion

Options
  • 18-08-2021 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have brought this to the attention of the mods on the forum but I have received no feedback and the antics on this forum are getting worse by the day.

A small group who in my opinion seem to think they run the threads and are untouchable. Any new or existing poster is fair game and it is an active attack from multiple people to try get people warned/banned etc. This is normally baiting posts, snide comments etc and then once they get a reaction they run to the mods but it is getting more twisted by the day.

The newest tactics which has started in the last few days against me is creating accounts which are very similar to my account name and then making comments(dudley72. & dudIey72).

In the middle of this who is an ex-mod who in every conversation manages to constantly target posters, not the subject but personal comments. See below for the latest rant. If I respond then I am likely to get a warning. This is not just against me but is against any government supporter posters, or what they deem as a government supporter.

It has been pointed out to me before as an ex-mod the person seems to be getting information from the mods, I have no idea if true but I did report some of them for piling onto a lady on the forum, a couple of days later the same posters are accusing me of a pile on. I again reported this to mods.

I do not want to be reporting all of this but what option? even with reporting nothing seems to change. It is me now, if I move out of the thread they move onto the next person and go after them. Are they going to start creating dummy accounts for everyone?

As mentioned I have reported and still day after day the same carry on, nothing changes. Daily this exmod is posting similar to the rant below, if not me it's against someone else. plenty more if you check into post history and plenty more I have reported, this is just the latest

If this is how the forum is going to be run then that is ok, you should let people know. If not and the current charter is correct then is this a free reign? someone suggested to me that the forum has to be sponsored by a particular government party for this carry on to be allowed, if so then you should publish those details. I have no idea if it is.

As I said, I have made the mods aware but the lack of communication, the lack of change in attitude from these posters and the creation of the dummy account I felt this needed to be fed back to the site.

of course you are welcome to throw me out, thats your decision. Thanks

What abuse? It's abuse to offer someone some friendly advice about commenting on things they're obviously not qualified to comment on?

Here's the thing dudley, I know very litttle practically shag all about rugby, and have absolutely zero interest in same. You'll not see me in the rugby forums, or talking rugby shiite with colleagues or friends in the pubnabout rugby, because I've found (and you are now finding it too) that commenting on stuff you know nothing about often has one inevitable conclusion, that of the person trying to bluff being exposed, and coming across badly and looking foolish.

Now, "we'll leave it there" as there's not much to be added to the stuff you already posted. That's not "abuse", that's stating facts.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

I posted earlier on the Zappone thread, it was in response to a user asking what was the point in the twitter attack online against TDs. I posted something along the lines of it keeping idle people busy. I editted a few seconds later to "edit" as I didn't want the hassle. Please note i have been clear on the thread this discussion was about Twitter and not boards.

Now I hold my hands up for comment but I did edit ASAP. You can decide what to do with this.

But since I posted here, now every time I post I have a comment straight away from one of the accounts with some pathetic comment. I am sure it will continue now as well.

Again if this is how you want to run the website, that is ok but you need to tell users this carry on is acceptable.

Unfortunately, I (and am probably not the only one who did) saw your original reply to this, but unfortunately I didn't have time as I had a task at work that needed to be completed(which is ironic, considering) to quote it in full before you did your cowardly "edit".

I am not "idle" as you had posted, I work bloody hard to provide for my family and myself, and I contribute to these forums when I get the chance, because I like to keep up with current affairs, I find you'll learn more here on the average day, than what's shown in the media or the television. I post here because I enjoy the craic, the debate, and yeah, it's good to sometimes watch folk squirm while they try and defend the indefensible.

However, I find it a disgrace that someone can get away with posting continuous lies, misrepresentations, insult and is if that isn't bad enough, mange to get away scott free with a snide insinuation, and downright insult to label people posting here as "idle".

If people didn't post here the site would soon die off, and also give some credit to your own self worth before trying to attach a stigma of laziness to people who contribute to the site , 572 posts is no mean feat in the matter of short weeks you have been here afterall.

Just a some friendly advice though, the next time you decide to try and label folk as "idle", at least have the courage to stand over it, and let it stand, editing it was yellow belly stuff.

What a cowardly and downright sleeven thing to do.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You need to have been on the site for 3 months before starting a thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement