Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What network brands are you using in small networks and why I should use it.

Options
  • 18-08-2021 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking to re do my home network and I am having trouble deciding what brand to go with I want to keep it the same across my network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Here's what I use:

Ethernet switch (1) - Netgear GS516TP gigabit managed switch with VLAN and PoE support

Access points (3) - Mikrotik cAP_AC with PoE

Router (1) - RPi4

Various other services (for example pihole) - hosted on some other Raspberry Pi's (2)

Video surveillance - 3x cheap HD cameras w/ PoE and 1x NVR from AliExpress - 25 EUR a pop for cameras, 30 EUR for NVR, HDD supplied by me

I ran the ethernet cables and crimping myself, also installed RJ45 sockets in every room (except in the bathrooms 😉).

I've been on this setup for ~2 years and it is very stable and quite cheap to build. Performance is very good. Let me know if you need more details on price/performance/features.

Advertisement