Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City at present (Aug 2021)

Options
  • 18-08-2021 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭

An observation while walking thru town today - such a lovely atm.. loads of buskers - and some v good.. esp The Ferrymen outside Debenhams.. did a bit of a jig lol... couldn't help myself..

There was almost a festival vibe around the town..

So good to see the city buzzing again - it was awful during the height of the restrictions.. I avoided it as it made me feel down..

Anyone else feeling it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

There definitely feels like there is more life on the streets. Having tables full of people eating and drinking on the pavements helps too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Avoid walking passed debenhams awful racket from -lads outside doors debenhams with the irish sh1te and the 2 annoying leprechauns

just nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Don't want to drag the conversation down, but I was in there recently, about a month ago, early one morning.

Patrick Street was ok, shops were just opened, so the place was quiet, but when I rounded the corner into the Grand Parade, the stench of urine was overwhelming. Lots of long term drinkers and from what could see, a good few coming down from whatever they were on, hanging around seating areas around the trees, outside the chemist and towards the English market. I had kids with me who didn't say a word, but were obviously aware.

Now, maybe it was a once off, and I hope it was, but not a good look for the city that morning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I passed by that area today. There was a tent pitched on the pavement!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

There was a tent still there today near heres health.

• Advertisement
Advertisement