Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGuirks putter fitting

Options
  • 18-08-2021 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi lads just wondering if any of you had a putter fitting at McGuirks recently, what system do they use for putter fittings. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I could be wrong but I don't think they use SAM PuttLab. I went in looking to try out some putters in Leopardstown recently and it was basically trying out all the putters while sales guy told me it's hard to recommend anything because it's whatever feels right for me. He wasn't wrong to be fair. I have used a SAM PuttLab in pure golf Stackstown and it's pretty cool if you can decipher the data, it's like trackman for putters. Tells you stuff like angle of attack, stroke type, decelerating/accelerating at impact and most importantly if you are consistently hitting it out of the center. They don't try and change the way you putt but instead recommend the type of putter that would suit you best

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Thanks mate that’s something I’m looking for. I’ll look into pure golf stackstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Got fitted for a putter in American Golf Tallaght a few years ago. Best thing I ever did.

I'm over 6 foot tall and assumed I would need a longer shaft when in fact it was the opposite.

I was at a Dave Pelz Chipping and Putting day and the instructors said they knew from a far that I was the only one there on the day that had got fitted for their putter. Obviously using a putter that looks too small for you stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Bit off topic but are those lessons good. Half thinking of doing some next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I took a lot away from it especially regarding my short game around the greens. The tips they showed me for chipping worked great.

It all depends on your situation I suppose. I wouldn't expect low handicappers to take much from it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement