Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lookfantastic.ie

• 19-08-2021 12:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What a bloody disaster of a site Look Fantastic has become! Has anyone else found this?

When I was living in the UK, you'd get next day delivery most times and it was great. Moving back to Ireland, I anticipated difficulties post-Brexit. I ordered in February and delivery was very slow, but I got an email apologising and giving me €5 credit, promising that difficulties were ironed out now.

I ordered some items last week and the website cheerily announced "Express Delivery!". Items were dispatched on 11/08 and there's still no sign of them. According to tracking, they're stuck in customs in bloody England! I had a look at recent reviews here: https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/lookfantastic and they're shocking. E.g:

"Ordered an item 2 weeks ago , it still hasn't arrived in Ireland . No reply to my emails . Delivery from LF used to take 2-3 days max ."

"I do not recommend the service, my order took one month to arrive in Ireland as it was stuck at customs. "

"Do not buy from this seller, especially if you want delivery to Ireland. Estimated delivery for my order was 24/07/21 - 27/07/21, I still don't have it today - 11 August 2021"

I wish I'd read those before I'd spent €120 there 🤦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Same here, I ordered hair products from them and it took so long for them to come that I had forgotten I had ordered them!

I also find that their discount codes that they email to you don't always work. So annoying after filling the basket to avail of the discount. I dont bother visiting their site often anymore now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've just re-ordered all the hair products from millies.ie and the price was pretty much the exact same, plus I got a 15% discount. Would definitely recommend there instead for hair stuff, and cloud10beauty.ie for skincare and possibly makeup.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

For anyone gripped by this saga, I still haven't received the lookfantastic parcel 🙄. It looks like it's still stuck in England.

Also, I completely rescind my endorsement of Millies.ie, unfortunately. I ordered on Thursday morning and it hasn't arrived yet. I emailed yesterday to ask where it was and I got a vague reply that "it should be shipped today". They're an Irish business and pretty much every other Irish business I've ordered from has dispatched on the same day when you order before 3pm - there's absolutely no excuse for it taking 5 days to dispatch, IMO. (As I was typing this, I got an email from DPD saying it would be delivered this afternoon - still not good enough for me tbh).

I can wholeheartedly recommend https://www.allaboutgorgeous.ie/ - same prices as Millies and I got a popup offering 20% off for signing up to the newsletter. I've ordered from them before and they dispatched within 24 hours - I think I had the items within a day or two. I wish I'd thought of them when I was ordering in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Faith I ordered the lookfantastic Advent Calendar and to my surprise I got a dispatch email the next day and yesterday received a delivery of a medium sized box from Fastway. It contained the free sample that was allowed with the purchase - a sachet of conditioner. Such a waste of packaging and shipping resources.

I put in another order last week and it came within two days so was super surprised. I always use the ".com" site as better deals and more codes work on there - haven't been charged customs as its coming from the same place anyway.

Advertisement