Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual SMS from same BOI endpoint genuine BOI SMS come from

Options
  • 19-08-2021 12:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Team

I've receitved an SMS into the same SMS 'thread' where I've previously received say old verified by visa SMS or from the mortgage team etc. It is definitely not legit but I still have an inkling of concern about my account getting blocked because I'm an anxious betty :)

"We have noticed unusual activity on your account. To prevent a block being placed please visit https://securityauth2341.com/boi"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's your phone merging all messages that have "BOI" as the source name. Nothing they can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

I can confirm that this is a fraud text. Please do not click the link provided or share any of your details.

Unfortunately it is possible for fraudsters to change their sender ID to make these texts seem more genuine and so they can end up in the same thread of texts on your phone as other correspondence from BOI.

If you ever receive any correspondence from BOI that you're unsure of please don't hesitate to reach out to us here, or on any of our other social channels, and we would be happy to confirm it for you.

I hope this helps. Thanks for being vigilant, Eve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Declan

Hi, thanks for getting in touch with us here. Bank of Ireland will never send you a message with a link requiring you to click on this and disclose any banking information. Please ignore the message and delete it. The fraudsters use the BOI ID when sending these messages so unfortunately they appear in the same thread as our genuine messages. Our security team are aware of this. Thank you for being vigilant. For more info you can click here

Thanks

Declan

Post edited by Bank of Ireland: Declan on

Advertisement