Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation: Home CCTV / Alarm System

• 19-08-2021 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Been a spate of break ins where I live so looking to boost up the visual deterrent.

Essentially, I would like 2-3 CCTV wireless cameras, local recording, siren possibility, and a phone app that is triggered when there is an event, either day or night. Additional detectors such as indoor motion, vibration, would be a nice optional if this is possible.

Local storage would be ideal, so not averse to a base station inside the property, rather than SD cards in the devices. I do want to avoid remote monitoring, subscription fees, cloud storage etc etc. As much in my own hands as possible.

I hope I have provided enough information, can anyone provide some recommendations? There appears to be so much choice in this field, that it is difficult to determine the right option to fit my requirements, and to ensure that the quality and ease of use is good.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fast Herman

PS I should add that I rather avoid hard wiring even though it is safer. An easy install option with one year batteries on the devices.

Advertisement