Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snagged an AMD 6900XT

Options
  • 19-08-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Finally, after weeks of trying to get an 6800XT, I got myself a 6900XT. Over 40 tabs open trying to get a good spot in the AMD queue. The first one I got in with less than 2 minutes but it kicked me out when I tried to place the order for the 6800XT. I couldn't have been more than 45 seconds doing all the captchas, autocompleting address and verifying payment on my phone. I had everything unlocked and ready for it.

Luckily another tab then pinged to tell me it had got in the shop and I saw the 6800XTs had all gone. I thought to myself "Damn it, oh well!" and ordered successfully the 6900XT.

Its not great value for money performance wise compared to the 6800XT, but I've wasted enough hours every Thursday trying to get one at RRP, instead of supporting scalpers. Looking forward to it arriving and moving on from my GTX 1080Ti.

Advertisement