Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been able to set up reverse DNS on Eir?

Options
  • 19-08-2021 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey all,

I am currently with Eir and have been trying for weeks now to get reverse DNS set up for a mail server as all my outgoing mail is being flagged as spam. I currently have a static IP as part of my account and have called up multiple times now asking that they configure my PTR record for in-addr.arpa. I have called the team that I was given when requesting my static IP requests as the usual support doesn't seem to even understand my request but each time I get the excuse that the DNS team have a bad lead time and that they will put in the request and call me back in an hour. They have not once yet called me back and it has been roughly 3 weeks now since my first request resulting in me having to call them again and again to follow up with the same response each time.

Does anyone have a better contact at Eir that can set me up or is everyone else in the same boat? At this stage I feel like I'm done with Eir and just need to cancel my subscription for an alternate ISP that will be able to provide a better service. Thoughts?

Chris

Advertisement