Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 nations and world championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Really strong carries from the forwards, all look far more athletic than their Welsh counterparts.

Harsh call by the ref on the non obstruction but they missed a clear forward pass on the build up to the 3rd try so it evened out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I'd like to see the stats on how many tackles the Welsh props have missed. You can see their numbers on every replay of the Irish breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Another try.

Crothers this time

Wales really are not coached well. body position defending rucks is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

The ref has taken more hits than most of the Irish backs

Great seeing a turnover like that from a winger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Why? if it was a male ref making these mistakes he'd be crucified. Why should she get special treatment.

The scrum half has been excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The speed of play from ireland is excellent.

The interplay forwards and backs is impressive.

The set piece has been very solid.

But to me this team has an attitude that is worth more than all that and it will serve them well in this competition.

They haven't moaned, dropped the head about anything like the missed kicks, disallowed try, losing campbell. They haven't gone into their shell after taking a commanding lead, they started the second half with attack in mind as opposed to defending the lead. They just get up and get on with it and everybody across the team is contributing, nobody is having a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Shehal

The key thing now is dont allow Wales add any respectability to the score, last time in this stadium it was 31-5 at one point and it finished 36-17 which was very flattering in the end.

SH looks a good position in this team considering Coughlan is on the bench.

• Advertisement

The Wales 4 is an absolute penalty machine.

Why should people not discuss an major aspect of the game ?

Why dont you just ignore it if you dont like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

And another.

Wales are as organised as an U-8’s team with everyone bunched in one area looking for the ball.

Any bit of width and after 2/3 phases up the middle and they are wide open.

This could be 60 points easily.

Because she hasnt been that poor and pretty strange to have such a focus on that aspect of the game and not a huge bonus point win which could be close to a record win for this age level

Its a draw now according to RTE

To be fair the focus on the ref was in the first part of the game. I think she has got better as it has gone on. Was very whistle happy at the start. I do like how she calls penalty advance over quickly (I hate the long advantages)

When you say she hasnt been that bad who are you comparing her to?

At this stage Wales can probably give up on scoring and have the lofty target of not getting another yellow card.

Starting hooker my MOTM, but many in the running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Maybe that’s her excuse for the Welsh player doing their best swan lake over the top and off their feet effort at the ruck and her just standing there, watching, 5 feet away

very fast, efficient to penalise the Irish, there again.

At that last scrum did the ref just say to the players "we didnt have any issues for 60mins now we're having loads of issues sort it out" ???

I think she's a case of 'wanting to be a referee'

She just doesnt know how to referee. I blame the people who handed her this game regardless of her lack of ability.

I'd be amazed if we see her again at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well that was a paddlin’.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Really disappointing to see a phenomenal performance barely acknowledged here.

That was a phenomenal performance by the Irish team.

Shocked at how ill disciplined Wales were.

wales got into the games at (a small few) times and the Irish defense was able to handle them very easily.

The error count from Ireland was impressively low, albeit with very little pressure from wales but the composure and cohesion made Ireland look like a team that have played 20 games together.

Next week will be and entirely different prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Great performance. Wales looked dreadful - whether that was all on them or in part cause if how we played, it's hard to say. Back row was very nicely balanced.

The Welsh number 4 is an absolute meathead. Does he not know you're not supposed to change your bind in a maul?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Wales were awful. You’d have to worry about the future of the game there. Their U20s haven’t delivered in any way in years and it’s not like their Regions are going to develop them into top class Test players.

For our part it was good to see us looking to play so much. The pace we were looking to go at them with and the fact that we were willing and able to use the full width to stretch them but also able to go up the guts was pleasing. Given the lack of game time these guys will have had due to Covid the accuracy was good too. But we’ll have to wait until next week to get a real sense of where this side is.

Meathead... yeah he just gave so much away stupidly.

Think Wales are just a poor group. Mix of them and how we played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Hard to know what to make of that but it's always fun beating the welsh. Thought our forwards looked a little light but wales couldn't move us in the scrum or meet us at the gain line - they couldn't handle any change in direction and their tackling techniques were poor.

Boyle was a super watch, really powerful for his size

Campbell looked classy and dangerous with ball in hand before he got injured.

Thought McCormick and Wilson went well enough as well.

Found the focus on the ref a bit weird, made couple of bad decisions at the very start and I think everyone just blew any minor quibble out of proportion after that - thought the disallowed tries were correct and quite frankly wales were penalty machines, I couldn't believe how undisciplined they were - the 4 was in at the side in almost every maul.

Advertisement