Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 nations and world championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Sacre bleu! What a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Shehal

Horrible game but fair **** play, when it mattered we got it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Good win. Very static runners on to the ball though. But some stones on those young lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

Great conversion, maybe that's why he was still on, did little else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

What a finish! Great win. Not sure how France didn’t win it. Have to give the Irish lads credit for sticking with it when France were threatening to cut away. Crowthers, Culhane and Boyle were impressive again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Is this a real comment?

It'll come down to who's ahead at 80 minutes? Really?

As opposed to what?

Man. With insight like that Matt Williams better watch his back

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I thought the French 7 being called offside was a bit harsh on the cross field kick. I didn't think he was having any effect on the play.

We were due a soft offside after Hawkshaw getting pinged I think. French got a bit lucky with a lot of half steps offside. So on balance I'll take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Cracking contest that.

Fair play for Ireland nicking as a lot of mistakes and handling errors came into their game in the 2nd half. Not much talent in the backs but a few gems in the pack.

The French TH replacement made a big difference when he came on.

Where was the game played btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ljsulster

Jack Boyle, Reuben Crothers, James Mccormick

All unbelievable

Jack Boyle very much living up to hype thus far. Had a quiet enough campaign at U19 which is understandable.

But he's as rated as James Ryan was all the way up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

A great result! France have not lost for quite some time, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Really enjoyable win, felt like one against the head which is always nice.

Wales have just bonus pointed Scotland in the other match. Scotland must be hopeless altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Weird as Scotland played alot of their u19s in their u20s last year so you'd think that extra bit of experience would help them, jeez if they lost to that lot last week never mind getting BP'ed then they must not be very good at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭roverjoyce

That was embarrassing

Referee hadn't a clue what was going on

It that happened in Dublin we would be fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭roverjoyce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ljsulster

Lineout an absolute weapon for what is an undersized pack

Morrisey and the other lad (can’t even attempt his name apologies) great operators

and James mccormicks throwing is absolutely superb

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Really enjoyable match, good crowd. Zero food though, really unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

All 3 results probably shock wins. Ireland's first win in France in 10 years. England were very poor and Scotland dominated 1st half territory and possession against Wales but faded badly in second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Some amount of negativity in this thread both towards the players and the ref. For a team of teenagers to go to France and play right up to the last minute to win the game is impressive and will stand to any of them in the future who go on to have professional careers.

Even Tector's last kick to touch from the middle of the field and the conversion took some nerve that plenty of senior internationals would not be able to execute.

I thought the ref was decent and kept the game moving. She might have made a few mistakes but you could argue that every ref makes a few mistakes. I thought when Ireland's scrum was being pushed backwards a few times she would give France a penalty but she let the scrumhalf get the ball out.

The Italy match will be interesting as they look to have a very good team this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Thought the ref was generally very good, people just get over-excited during game time - a ref is always incompetent and out of her depth if you're losing but consistent and and fair if you're winning.

Italy beat us in a warm up game for the six nations so their win was no fluke. They were enjoyable to watch too - physical, organised and had good skillsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Thought the ref was fine . The last 5 minutes of the match was an accumulation of French indiscipline building up and probably they should have been punished earlier for that.

I give up on understanding the off side . I thought France we offside most of the time and got away with it .

I think the French cutting loose was never really going to happen as structurally we were well setup to stop the les blue. Credit to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Every side pushes the outside line as much as they are allowed. I think the ARs should be more active in enforcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Coaches obviously rate Tector highly, no hope of him coming off last night for Butler who is highly thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,108 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I keep looking at the final pass for the try..if he'd gotten it a millimeter wrong it was game over. Super cahonas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I just saw the highlights. This was a great victory! These boys went very well. Going to be a tough outing v Italy!

Advertisement