Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination requirements to work in a tech job office in Dublin

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,513 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The problem with a lot of referencing in the media is they headline. The important word in that headline is the word CAN. Can means that yes it can happen. It dose'nt mean that all vaccinated will carry similar loads to unvaccinated. it means that some vaccinated can carry large viral loads. This may well be vaccinated people who he efficacy of the vaccine is not effective on.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

this is true.

I did account for this by saying "this isn't quite accurate.." as opposed the poster was definitely wrong. Wouldn't be the most open minded thing in the world to throw out all thinking based on a study a week old.

However I'd argue that given that Vaccinated people do have viral loads similar to people who are unvaccinated as unvaccinated people have a variable viral loads ranging from "fcuk all" to "mega dose".

We could argue on average loads over the population but I'm not sure the point or that I'd be offering anything other than a data dump of "studies".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That viral load study has been used as the source of a lot of misinformation unfortunately, the study itself was solely looking at peak viral loads and comparing them, so wasn't really concerned with tracking transmission numbers etc.

Those vaccinated are both less likely to become infected (and have any viral load) and if they do become infected, the peak viral load is for a shorter time frame and is reduced faster, both of these help massively in reducing transmission rates (with the Delta R0 being about ~8 but our real world data with vaccinated getting this down to below 1). Pre-delta when R0 was 3-4, we'd be at herd immunity by now.

Greece has made vaccination mandatory for health care workers from September 13th

Those unvaccinated will be suspended

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/08/24/greece-measures-unvaccinated-testing-travel-culture-entertainment/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

All the women in Coppers wear trousers now?? Glad I was there when it was more real. Sorry for your troubles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement