Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Blinds - thoughts?

• 20-08-2021 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

We are currently in the process of a house build, and I have an opportunity to get smart blinds in at a very reasonable price. This opportunity only came about in the past few months, so we hadn't planned for these at the outset. We can't recess them into a reveal at this stage, and we have a couple of smaller windows in our large open plan room that are tilt & turn, and tilt in. We also have a large 3 piece slider, and 2 large fixed windows in this room, so the blinds would be ideal for those, but the tilt and turns are now causing me to have doubts about the whole thing.

We have wired for them, but I'm not sure are we going a bit OTT by getting them in. We will also be putting in ceiling speakers and some smart lighting, which I'm happy with, but given I'm not a tech head by any means, am I just drawing problems on myself? As someone said to me, it's just more things that can go wrong by getting them in!

I'm just looking to get people's experience with them in general? The system we are looking at is Lutron, which is pretty high end as far as i know.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement