Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approval

• 20-08-2021 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

I applied for a Credit Union loan last Friday and still haven't had word back, I'm guessing that's not a good sign?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Many credit unions have "credit meetings" every week or so when applications are approved.

So if these meetings were on a Friday or Monday, your application may only have been discussed yesterday or possibly not until Monday

Usually when you apply they will give you a good idea of likely success based on standard criteria - employed, good credit record, history with the credit union, ability to repay.

Where there are potential issues such a previous poor credit history, it goes for further scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Depending on the size of the loan, it may require approval by a committee and given the times that are in it, the process may be slower than normal. I wouldn't read anything into the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I got it anyway thankfully, I can get myself a decent fridge and a few other bits and pieces.

Advertisement