Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage drawdown while on maternity leave...Allowed?

Options
  • 20-08-2021 4:12pm

Hi all,

We are currently going through the process of applying for a mortgage. We have 2 children and I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I would be the higher earner and work in the public sector. I will be paid full pay on maternity which starts at Christmas.

We have not found a house we love yet and we are hoping to pounce when the right house comes up. This could happen during my maternity leave and I am worried that they would not let me drawdown if on maternity, even though I will be on full pay.

Anyone know what the story about this is? Please and thank you 🙏

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The extra dependant may/will affect your mortgage approval.

I know AIB will remove €250 a month from you take hone salary , do this will affect your repayment capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

dunno about south of the border, but I work in mortgages for a UK bank.

we would ask for confirmation that you are planning to return to work at the same basis as before the maternity leave, then calculate the application on your full salary, and with 3 children.

call your lender and do an agreement in principle...... financial questionnaire ehich will give you a lending decision with no commitment

Advertisement