Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electricity Supplier

• 21-08-2021 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

Picking up an ID3 soon - with EI at the moment with the standard meter but told they are replacing with a smart meter in the coming weeks. I know VW have the SSE offer at the mo but are they the best provider to go with initially or what are you finding is the best option for supplier.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Comer1

It looks like a good option to get a day night meter and switch to Airtricity. One of their offers to new customers is day rate of 16.38c and night rate of 8.9c with the €675 credit.

If you know your annual consumption (projected day/night use), switcher.ie is very good to make comparisons

Edited to correct current SSE Airtricity rate.

Post edited by Comer1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I have a smart meter too. Looking for the best option at present as well.

With a smart meter you have to get a smart plan though (or stick with standard 24H), ie can't get the old fashioned Day/Night rate plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭jkforde

am wondering this as well, are the smart meters configured for Day/Night?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Smart Meters do not do the typical Day/Night, they have different setup of hours.

Hence avoid if you want to hold onto your Day/Night rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Smart meter only for me - So I have the option of:

Electric Ireland

Unit rate 15.29 cent

Standing charge€190.19

or

SSE Airtricity

Day rate 16.04 cent

Night rate 12.17 cent

Peak rate 17.10 cent

Standing charge €211.86

Will be back to the office in January I'd say so car charging will be done there 90% of the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement