Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to earn for a good mortgage

Options
  • 21-08-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Good night all!

Myself and my partner are saving for a mortgage. Just curious what people earned and saved each month towards a mortgage?

I'm worried tbh as I'll be starting as a Clerical Officer in the HSE soon and earning 24.5k with a salary scale while my partner would be on c.36k plus bonus etc. We're also in Dublin and obviously doubt will be able to afford anywhere near here! Have children also!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭IamMe33

Saving 3K a month, but as a single buyer 3 bed semi-d prices in Limerick are rising faster than I can save for the balance needed on top of the max morgage for which I qualify.

We have 2 children and our 3rd on the way. Combined we earn €85k and we have no child care costs at the moment so I save €500pw. Have a 60k deposit and hoping to buy in North West this year.

You'd qualify for a max mortgage of approx €212k. So, not fantastic in Dublin. If a first time buyer you'd need 10% deposit. So, if you have 10% deposit spared you'd be looking to buy a house in the region of €230k.

Advertisement