Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350- burnt part on PCB

Options
  • 22-08-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am repairing my old Aritech Cs350 alarm panel, there is a blown component on the PCB, looks to be either a doide or a protection device. I can't tell because it's totally burnt out.

Does anyone out there have an old PCP, or can identify the part?

see top right of the image.

I can measure 8v AC across it, and one side goes to the earth... makes me think it's a suppressor of some type...???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Looks like it is only for the bin. Forward your number if you wish and I can have a talk about it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Thanks for the offer but it still works just fine, I just want to replace the burnt component. It must not be crucial to the boards function and its been like this for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrWickerman

Hi trackerman,

I looked at my alarm panel (CS351).

From what I can tell it is the same component as shown on the picture. I can't read the complete label but it says xxx 33A. The first part could be LA7 or 1A? - hard to read. I am pretty sure that I see the same text on both components so maybe you can read full label yourself.

I hope that above can help you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Thanks guys, I managed to get a replacement box and I am now in the process of replacing it and also decided to re-locate the box out of my Hot Press. I reckon the hot press was not the best place, it may have overheated the alarm box.

I just posted a new question about the siren (see my new thread) , any ideas would be really helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement