Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PORT FORWARDING IMAGINE ROUTER

Options
  • 22-08-2021 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just got imagine broadband installed and getting some serious download speeds 150Mg. However I am having some difficulty setting up the router(Gemtek WLTGG-123) to port forward some I.P. cameras I have on the system. IMAGINE have given me the password to allow me to access the router but not having much luck. I have all the I.P. cameras working fine using my Netgear Router with the EIR broadband in the house, and should I be able to get the IMAGINE broadband to work I will then cancel my service with EIR.

Any help would be appreciated

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Can you post some screenshots of the web interface along with the make and model? Not too familiar with their router.

As a general rule, I always bridge the ISP router and use my own router for stuff like that. Makes moving providers much less painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 metropatrick

Please find pic of the make and model of the router, not sure whats pics of the web interface you would like to see ??

The bridging idea you mentioned sounds good, is there any youtube links as to how to get this done

Thank You for taking the trouble to help me get this sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ok, the user manual is here [https://fccid.io/MXF-WVRTM127ACN/Users-Manual/Users-Manual-3640957] but it's only a quick install guide.

Sorry, I see that you mentioned that make/model of router in your OP. Here is a link to PortForward.com for two GemTek routers. They MAYBE similar to yours, as far as port forwarding is concerned. https://portforward.com/gemtek/. The two router models seem to have identical web interfaces. Hopefully yours is the same or similar.

I think the menu item is called Port Management. That's the one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 metropatrick

Thank You will give it a lash

All the Best

metroman

Advertisement