Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's becoming increasingly harder for me to play youtube on safari

Options
  • 22-08-2021 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

Something seemed to change with my phone about three months ago, whereby it's become increasingly difficult to play songs from my youtube playlists. It's basically two things:

Firstly, the safari on my phone no longer seems to store any history. It also doesn't seem to allow for me to add any new favourites apart from the already chosen ones: 'google' 'yahoo' 'apple' 'bing'. Before I could get onto my youtube playlists. It would never keep me logged in to youtube, but the playlists would still show up as commonly viewed links. 

The other thing is that now any time I want to use youtube I have to agree to the terms of google, then search for youtube, and then login to youtube, and only then can I actually see my playlists. If it wasn't for all the youtube adverts it might actually be worth the hassle!

Anyone know anything? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

do factory reset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Isn't that a last resort? I suspect it may be something to do with google, and nothing to do with google, and nothing to do with the phone. I also suspect that you don't know a whole lot more than myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Check the settings in the browser. History and cookie and privacy settings in particular.

I've never used Safari, but above should still apply.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭carveone

In preferences/privacy there's a “block all cookies” feature which might be on. Doesn't explain not being able to add favourites though.

I'm assuming you aren't on Privacy mode (dark grey menu bar)

If a cookie has become corrupt, maybe that messes up safari. You can clear everything in iPhone settings/safari/Clear History and Website Data.

I'm on an ipad and mostly guessing I'm afraid!!!

I googled and found a step by step of the above at https://www.lifewire.com/remove-cookies-and-web-history-on-ipad-4103801

Advertisement