Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Public projects in Wicklow the slowest in the country?

Options
  • 23-08-2021 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

2 ongoing projects -

Slip lane changes southbound at Kilmacanogue

This has been going on for over a year now - Any time that I drive through there is very little activity. The biggest number of workers I have seen on site at any one time is 10. But only 3 of these were actually working. I have seen as few as 1

One time I drove my daughter to the covid testing centre in Newcastle. Two "workers" were standing chatting when we were heading down. We queued for ages to get her test and the two lads were still standing chatting when we drove past on the way back home!

This project impacts thousands of drivers every day with traffic sometimes backed up to Sandyford - The project was originally planned to be completed by Feb 2020.

The other is the plaza upgrade at the Aquarium

Why are they allow to do this work in Summer when lots of people want to use the amenity. You can see by the length of the grass that is growing in their storage yard how long they have been there.

Also, what purpose will this actually serve?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think that this is representative of the pace for this work across the country.

Advertisement