Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychonauts 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well Feast of the Senses is straight-up one of the best levels in any game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Towards the end now myself and have really enjoyed it. I haven't got into a platformer in years, but this one really grabbed me. Will probably get it finished tonight if I get some time.

Graphics were very good I thought on Series X. Nothing groundbreaking but polished enough that I thought it looked very good in some areas.

Quite funny too. Really enjoyed all the characters and the interactions. I have big hopes now for Double Fine going forward on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know that section like the back of my hand as I searched high and low for one figment. Found it eventually. It was a pretty decent level alright.

I don't like the section I'm in at the minute going through a swamp looking for seeds.

The figments are going to be a right pain in that whole level there are a lot that can be easily missed. Look closely at the exploding things on all of the islands in the hub type area.

Not gonna lie, I had to look up how to get off the starting Island and then felt a complete idiot.

I was stumped for a second or two. First I tried to fly over from the camp site fire and that didn't work then I thought you bounce from flower to flower and that didn't work either and then just tried the

door as it highlighted the Y button when I was near it.

And then there was a cut scene so it was the correct thing to do.

• Advertisement

I saw that right away and assumed it did the obvious if I pressed it so didn't and then I was trying to glide dive to other islands like a fool.

I thought it done that too but still decided to try.

Saw credits roll tonight and really liked the game but the collectibles are going to be a pain especially figments.

Yep I have a single figment to collect in the level where you are in a library. I have no idea where it is.

Also that is a strange ability the last one you get. When I was in the level of the plants I assumed the last ability would be plant based then in the library I than assumed it would be a swarm of bees but I was wrong both times.

@watzgoingon

The amount of figments I missed that were in plain view were silly. Bring up the menu that shows the collectibles for the level and press Y to see the figments you have and compare it to the screen shots here

Then watch the video here to find the one you need. I had to do this a few times for 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Quite easily the best game I've played this year, possibly the last few years. Probably the most polished Double Fine game I've ever played too, so I'm looking forward to see what they've got planned in the future with some Microsoft money behind them.

Genuinely brilliant game, as mentioned above Feast of the Senses was nothing short of brilliant. So many great levels though, I don't really think I could pick a favourite.

I will echo you. I thought it was brilliant too.

Rolled the credits and finished buttoning up achievements. 1000/1000. Never used invincibility or what ever it's called. Hardest part for me was the cook off boss fight. Luckily I had full lollipops. I just always wanted to have full just in case and it worked out for me. I don't think I needed them any where else as there was always heath around the fights and they weren't even hard except that cook off one. It was just that it went on for so long more than being difficult.

But yea I hope there will be DLC's and if we are lucky a 3rd game. One can dream. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ok, I've just started into this. It's really good. Very clever, original, funny and playable. Looks and sounds wonderful on Series X. Breath of fresh air on the console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished it tonight and it really is a delight through to the end, with new ideas - visual, level design, narrative - right up to the final level. There’s a lot to be said about a game that throws this many varied and distinct art styles at the player and yet still emerges as an entirely visually coherent whole. It might not be the kind of game we talk about when it comes to ‘great graphics’, but I was endlessly impressed both the artistry and technical chops of the thing. From the comically grotesque character design to the plethora of materials used to visualise these worlds, it’s always a feast for the eyes.

The combat is limited (although thankfully there’s not too much of it) and one or two levels towards the end maybe could’ve been edited down. But it’s a big, generous, impressively focused game on the whole. While it perhaps might not have the cynical, cheeky edge of a lot of Double Fine games, it does offer instead an abundance of genuine warmth and heart - this game does entirely right by its extremely large cast of speaking characters, and more importantly does right by its tricky themes and conceits. Without going into spoilers, this game has a far more nuanced and adorable take on the ethics of body swapping than a recent major blockbuster (Wonder Woman) does.

I was actually kind of thrilled for Double Fine throughout. They raised a few million in Fig funding for this thing, which is a tiny amount of development money for a game of this scale. But despite a tricky development (with complications such as the implosion of their publisher and being bought up by Microsoft) they’ve made their fullest, greatest game yet - by a large margin, I’d argue. It doesn’t feel compromised the way Broken Age did, and is sprawling where many of their games have been small and often limited in scope. After all these years, this small studio finally made the truly great game they always had in them - and we’re lucky enough to get to play it. This sequel is the promise of the original Psychonauts truly delivered on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Original is on sale on PSN at the mo for €4.39. Great for folks like myself who want to give it a run for the first time before the sequel.

I can still remember being in the paranoid persons brain in the original.

Advertisement