Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomeAssistant compatible Energy Monitor [LED counter]

Options
  • 23-08-2021 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've had HomeAssistant installed and running for the past 6 months and loving it. With their recent HA implementation of energy monitoring, I'm looking around for a smart [wifi/zwave/zigbee] energy monitor that counts the flashing LED on my solar pv breaker and my grid usage box. Prefarably an actual product and not simething I have to build myself [Project Glow]. Anybody heard of such a thing? I know there are non smart energy monitors that just transmit the data to a desk stand. I have one of these but I want something with an API or that integrates with HA or SmartThings or anything else. If it can integrate, it should be possible to get working with HA.

Absolutely zero interest in CT clamps as that's too messy for my setup.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

This looks like it should just plug in to a smart meter, and shouldn't be too difficult to integrate with HA - https://www.zuidwijk.com/product/slimmelezer/

I could have sworn I saw something recently that was an already built sensor, exactly like you described, that was being sold by Nabu Casa or on their behalf, but I can't remember where I saw it, and can't find it now. I'll keep looking and link here if I find it - interested in something like that myself. I was hoping that there may be a nice easy way to get the data from a Smart Meter in to HA without any sort of additional hardware, but it seems that's not the case.

Unless you can scrape the data from your energy supplier ?

Advertisement