Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Well that Son news has put a spanner in the works. Probably change Son and ASM to Mbuemo and Lukaku now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I only just heard about Son and Covid now, at least it makes the TAA decision a lot easier and I can figure out a way to get Son in GW12 for Spurs nice run.

Would like some Rudiger news, I know he is not playing but not sure if its a one week injury or what the story is. I think its his back so shouldnt be too bad but would be nice to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Agreed, it's dampened things, swapped Son & Saka to KDB & Mbuemo but I'm still fairly happy with it:

Sanchez Foster

TAA Cancelo White Semedo Livra

KDB Salah Mbuemo Raph Brownhill

Lukaku Hwang Armstrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

My wildcard team as it stands:

Martinez, Steer

Chilwell, TAA, Cancelo, White, Duffy

Salah, Townsend, Mbuemo, Mahrez, Douglas Luiz

Antonio, Vardy, Toney

Couple of points, I thought of changing Townsend for ESR or Saka but Townsend a man in form and a switch I can easily make later. Raphinha also in thoughts but was not bought on him missing this week. I'm not taken on Lukaku Vs Brentford. I have the money to get him next week. For some reason I think vardy against MU is better. I fell into this trap last year captaining Vardy Vs Liverpool due to depleted defence and not capt this time but here we go again.... 🤷‍♂️ Would like to cap Mahrez but will prob go Salah alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going to go with:

Ramsdale, Foster

TAA, Chilwell, Cancelo, Duffy, Livramento

Salah, Raphinha, Townsend, Smith Rowe, Mbuemo,

Lukaku, Vardy, Toney.

Not overly keen on the Brentford double up, but Mbuemo will be a sub most weeks. I like the 3rd attacking premium as it gives more flexibility if I want/need to move to Son, Ronaldo, Kane etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Very close to pulling trigger. The one selection choice I have left is either:

Mahrez/Hwang or Foden/A. Armstrong.

Mahrez would be a punt for a week, but could downgrade to anybody and his numbers against Burnley are astonishing. Still in two minds though.

Temped to keep Rüdiger aswell even as I type 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m quite happy with this. Any glaring omissions? I’d love a Havertz punt but can’t really fit him in. Unless I drop Vardy. I’m gonna stick with Antonio, have a feeling he’ll punish owners for dropping him.

Ederson Foster

TAA Chillwell Marcel Livramento White

Salah KDB Raphina Mbuembo Brownhill

Vardy Antonio Davis

Havertz is too tempting to ignore. KDB out. Latest draft below.

Ederson Foster

TAA Chillwell Marcel Livramento White

Salah Raphina Havertz Townsend Brownhill

Vardy Antonio Jimi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Maybe switch Jimi for Edouard/Toney and upgrade Marcal to Rudiger.

I did think about Toney in but I think I'll keep the faith in Jimi. I really like his fixtures.

I'm now thinking do I keep KDB and ditch Vardy. That Palace game at home in two weeks for KDB is so tempting, but over the course of the next few weeks I think Vardy is a better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Any money in the bank to get cancelo or Dias for marcal?

I could actually do Ederson+Marcal out to Sa+Cancelo. I just wonder am I very light at the back then with Chillwell and Cancelo?

I think Sa/Cancello is a better combo. You run the risk of rotation with Chilwell and Cancello but I think in the long run it will be worth it due to their attacking threat, and White/Liveramento is good cover. If it makes you really uneasy maybe set up with one of rudiger/dias and one of Chilwell/Cancello.

Thanks. That’s a fair point. I actually have cover for once. Cancelo really seems to have his place cemented,rested for the odd game is fine.

I’m now thinking Raya+Chillwell+Cancelo.

I also have enough for Chillwell to Azpi. Part of me thinks stick with Chillwell as my cover should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Thinking of going very attacking

Sanchez Steele

Matip Marcal Livramento Henry Manquillo

Salah KDB Son Raphina Mbuemo

Vardy Antonio Davis

Obviously going without the City and Chelsea defenders and will rotate defence, should i sacrifice Son or KDB and get a stronger defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Sanchez Steele

TAA Dias Dave Livramento Alonso

Salah Raphina Saka Benrahma Gilmour

CR7 Armstrong Antonio

Time for a bit of a clear out. Too many non-performers/non-starters lately.

Raya Foster

TAA Dias Dave Livramento Chilwell

Salah Raphina Havertz Mbeumo Brownhill

Vardy Toney Antonio

Have 1.0m in the bank. Had Cancelo in place of Chilwell for most of the week, but those Chelsea fixtures are hard to ignore. There's surely attacking potential there for Chilwell added to the clean sheet likelihood. The downside is if Lukaku or Werner are back early & become must-haves then a bit of juggling around/hits might be required.

Doubling up on Brentford too also with an eye on those fixtures.

Would like to have one of Son/Kane but will wait til GW12 to figure out a way to fit them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Any love out there at all for Rondon?

Deployed the wildcard, cleared out misfiring dross. Not picking Salah until now was a monumental error, trail near last in an invitational league. Better late never, Mendy takes the sticks and Vardy replaces Lukaku. Azpi/Cancelo/Chilwell across the back. Have a good feeling about Raphinha & Toney, due to catch fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

WC active, 8 changes so far. Actually fun this week with all the "punts" you can make! This could go up **** creek very easily though with a few 1 point appearances maybe....

Raya, (Foster)

James, Rudiger, Cancelo, Dias, TAA

BSilva, Salah, Raphinha, Havertz, (Mbeumo)

Antonio, (Toney, Edouard)

0.3 ITB

276k OR

Will James start?

What will Pep do?

Armband on Havertz.

• Advertisement

Currently it's Foster, Toney, Mbeumo, Edouard....

Suggestions welcome?

It’s a nice team and you’ll clean up with Chelsea and city clean sheets (pun intended), looks like a lot of points will be left on the bench but with so many city and Chelsea players prone to rotation maybe a strong bench is necessary. I’ll be curious to see how you do and will keep an eye on the match day thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Wildcard activated. Bye bye Digne you absolute piece of sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Two weeks of wrong calls so WC time

Sanchez

TAA, Cancelo, Chilwell, James, Livramento

Salah, Foden, Mount, Mbeumo, Raph (tricky spot)

Jimi, Antonio, Wilson

On this at the moment but Son for Raph and downgrade Wilson (Davis) and one of the Chelsea lads is an option

About 10 minutes away from a clean sweep in the back 5, 35 points still from 5. Rotation a risk going forward, James mainly I feel.

Going heavy at the back nearly paid off big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

5 of my wildcard players have got injured since the weekend (Raya, Azpilicueta, Mbeumo, Raphinha, Vardy). Could do with another wildcard chip i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

My team is similar to yours, I’m glad I held on to mine, but too many passengers, there is an injury doubt over Mbuemo, Currently on

Sanchez/Foster

TAA, Cancelo, Chilwell, Rudiger, Liveramento, 

Salah, Foden, Mount, Son, Brownhill,

Antonio, Toney, Hsiang

Absolutely, almost played two weeks ago and though it's post me points I'm glad I can play now.

Pretty set on

Carson, Sanchez

Livramento TAA Cancelo, James, Chilwell

Son Mount Foden Salah ESR

Antonio Toney Broja

It feels sort of cheaty, like a WC should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Before last GW, would you have had Mount and Foden or even ESR in your team? It has vibe of GW1 about having them

Playing Norwich doesn't really mean much - as can be seen from all the other players who have scored against them and Newcastle and then gone on to do very little - be it Sarr or Kane, Is Mount going to fall into this category, do you think that he's going to return against better sides? Foden's two goals were both very lucky, does he keep his spot?

Carson never going to play so why have him in, if Sanchez gets injured or suspended that's a waste when there is a playing 4.0 keeper available.

Your forward line is a bit weak imo, Toney has done very little, he might look dangerous but hasn't really gotten the returns for his price tag, Broja has played well and has two goals, but with Adams and Armstrong there competition for places got to be concern - will he be the player on the bench each week?

Even players who are on form, you seem to have ignored - Auba, Hwang, King, Wilson, Benteke.

Looking at your team - who is going to be on the bench - Carson, Livramneto, Broja and ??? I'm guessing Toney or ESR in which case that's a lot of money sitting on bench, and equally could be a lot of points.

Advertisement