Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

I went Grealish over Foden a few weeks ago, Foden seems in form and City have no CF.

Mount, I just like as a player, when Lukaku is back I think he's Jota.

All the in form players you mention have the same question marks. King has had one game. I do agree on the FW line though, but very very hard to fit in Son and keep it strong.

I want Wilson as feel he's very under the radar but his fixtures turn in about 3 weeks so maybe one to wait on.

I really don't want Carson but he is the only 3.9m.Mbembo injury news might change things (him in for ESR, downgrade a Chelsea def, and upgrade Toney).

Thank you for the rather critical feedback, with many different ways to play and opinions, it's why I like here

After a week of moving around the same players I think I have landed on

Sanchez Foster

Chilwell, TAA, Cancelo, Livramento, White/Henry

Salah, Foden, Mount, Brownhill, Son

Iheanacho, Antonio, Toney

Options

White /Henry, Brownhill, Iheanacho

James, Mbembo, Broja

Henry, Raphina, Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Nice team. I have to say I completely disagree with Ace2007 about leaving money on the bench. Just looking at your team for example you have Chillwell, Cancelo, Mount and Nacho who could be benched any week so I think a good sub like ESR or Mbuembo is a good idea if you can afford. The notion about leaving points on your bench being bad doesn't make sense to me, you want all your players to be scoring well.

Thank you.

Think I'm going with James Mbeumo Davis

The max two points of Brownhill just isn't swaying me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

My team

Sanchez Foster 

Chilwell, TAA, Cancelo, Livramento, Rudiger

Salah, Foden, Mount, Raphina,Joita

Antonio, Toney, Hwang

Gone for the solid bench to cover the rotation risks.

• Advertisement

Love that midfield, was very very tempted to do the same!

Good switch to James. He saved you from a bad start.

Yeah, I had him most of week, felt wrong dropping him.

A brilliant player for that system but yeah not a great week apart from that, maybe should have stuck with Raph over Son but hopefully he'll pay back in next few games. He is Spurs at the moment

I'd probably do Jota to Raphina. Firmino is playing really well now so expect lots of benchings for Jota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hit the switch this evening. Initial thoughts are I'm going to try and fit in son Kane and Emerson for spurs.

Dream midfield would be son Salah Jota foden and raphina but It means no Taa or a premium striker which will become problematic for United's good run and obviously going without Kane too. Not playing around too much this early regardless

• Advertisement

If I was wildcarding now I'd pick that midfield with James, Chilwell, TAA and Cancelo and Jiminez upfront who's coming into form just at the right time in terms of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Down to my final 3 drafts and it's more dependent on do I want son or Kane. I think Kane is the right call as it's an easier switch to Ronaldo/Lukaku if needed going forward.

1)

Guaita foster

James cancelo Dias Emerson Johnson

Son foden Jota Salah el ghazi

Antonio Wilson broja

2)

Guaita foster

James cancelo laporte Emerson Johnson

Salah Jota foden fornals el ghazi

Kane Wilson king

3)

Ederson foster

James cancelo a4.5 Emerson Johnson

Salah Jota foden Bowen cornet

Kane Wilson gelhardt

With so many games coming in quick succession a strong bench is a bit of a necessity I think without wanting to give myself too many headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wildcard active. - Had a few spurs and brighton players and other injury concerns and a few lads out of form. I was already on a -8 and then that game postponed, I've decided to just go whole hog.

Current Draft ::

De Gea - Sanchez :: I had double Brighton, but De Gea has some great fixtures and at 5.0 it seems like a good way to get into the United defense so a nice opportunity to get a playing keeper for the next few weeks with good fixtures. I want to keep Sanchez incase De Gea ends up being a bust and I turn him back into Steele

TAA - James - Livramento - Williams - Cancelo :: Williams and Cancelo are my two acquisitions here for Reguilon and Tsimikas. I know Williams is club tied for this game, but at 3.9 he's getting 90 minutes for his club since the new manager came in and he's picked up the odd bap here and there. He could make a great 3rd sub. A lot of people own Cancelo and he's delivering. Okay, he might get the odd rest here and there but its a points business we're in and it just makes sense to get him now while I can afford it.

Salah - Gilmour - Bilva - Bowen - Fred :: Bilva, Bowen and Fred are my three acquisitions here for Foden, Brownhill and Gallagher. Bilva is currently delivering more than Foden and I save 0.5m on it, so why not chance it. No doubt Foden will rediscover his form now that I have finally shifted him. Bowen is clearly in form and has super fixtures. Fred is a punt, but if he has developed a new role in the team and continues to produce, well he also has great fixtures so it could be a good time to get on early :)

Ronaldo - Dennis - Antonio :: Ronaldo, Dennis and Antonio are all 3 new acquisitions for Kane, Vardy and Toney. Ronaldo took a penalty and is scoring goals. United have great fixtures too so there are opportunities here to produce. Dennis is very much an in form player and for his price is well worth it. Even he scores a goal every other game, he's good value. Antonio is a risk but had 9.2m to spend on this position and his fixtures are excellent. He seems to be doing a lot of good work for the team and I'm hopeful that with the good fixtures coming up he can rediscover his early season form. I was thinking of Wilson in this slot too but the fixtures are less favourable and sure if anto is a bust, I can always swap to Wilson after christmas

I think I only lose 2 players to AFCON in this as well (salah, dennis), so long term its not the worst plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Williams Fred to White Luiz? Not sure if you've anything itb

I know it's 7/8 GWs away but would make holding James easier when WCC is on.

Shame for you it's a Friday deadline cos Mc Arthur could be declared fit tomorrow and then drop to 4.3M

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Agree with that about White and a cheap midfielder (ideally Brownhill maybe as he’ll have a DGW at some stage)

Fred is not an FPL option in my opinion.

Also up front I’d go King over Dennis. Better xG, on pens and is the central striker. Dennis is playing wide and is way outperforming his xG.

Thanks for the advice lads :)

I had a little bit of cash in the attic, so I converted Dennis into King and with the covid rumours coming out of Norwich, I changed Gilmour to Demarai Gray. It was an impulse buy.... (lol). It's going to give me selection headaches I guess, but if Fred's contributions do end up being a flash in the pan, he's easy bench fodder or even the downgrade to someone like Brownhill.

Brownhill is this years equivalent of 2-point-Tom. I've had him since basically the start and while his "contributions" have been helpful when they were needed, I'm 1.5million in the world and I need to make some gainzzzz!

But then I had no cash left to convert Williams into White and tbh.... I don't really want White..... but thanks anyway :)

Why did I come back into this thread ?

Why God Why!

🤣🤣🤣

"I dont really want white, but thanks anyway...."

if ever there was a sentence to act as case in point for how rubbish I am at this game, then that sentence would be it. 2 of the easiest clean sheets you've ever seen in your life the last 2 game weeks that I completely ignored for no good reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Wildcard 2 active so any advice on improvements to the team before the deadline appreciated.

Ramsdale, (Dubravka)

Laporte, Cancelo, Alexaner-Arnold, (Ait Nouri, Williams)

Salah, Son , De Bruyne, Buendia, Gallagher

Saint-Maximin, Edouard, (Broja)

0.0M in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I’m in as well.

De Gea Sanchez

Cancelo TAA Digne Al houri Williams

Foden Bruno Salah Jota Bowen

Edouard Antonio Broja

Keen to keep Bruno as Utd look like having a DGW 25. No Spurs which is a concern so I’ll see how that works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would look towards DDG & Dalot as the Man Utd players moreso over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bruno there to try cover goals as the others all look in & out of the 11 for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

I like the keepers and defence and most of the midfield but I wouldn't be keen on those strikers. Is Eduoard even nailed? And both generally play wide as opposed to right through the middle which I'd prefer.

I'd give consideration to Cornet over Gallagher. Cheaper, will play up front and will have loads of doubles to come. Striker options are fairly lean now that I'm actually trying to think of a suggestion. Maybe downgrade 1 of them and get Idah and DCL/Watkins. Both punty but have big upside and have doubles coming. Broja is an ideal 12th man.

Actually as keeper aren't Brighton meant to have a double in 25? Maybe Sanchez over Dubravka as aren't Arsenal missing that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Deliberately have gone with a cheap selection of strikers since I don't think there has been any reliable returns from any of them this season and not convinced there will be any change in that so the money may be better invested elsewhere. Edouard has played a lot and just checking there he has had some minutes in every game since he arrived with 6 goals and four assists which is almost a return for every second game which I think is good for that price point. I do see he has been put out wide in some games but even from there he ended up in a handy spot in front of goal for a tap in in the last game. Got rid of Watkins already on the wildcard and no intention of getting him back in. I think he is a good player for his work rate but not ideal for an FPL asset with his goals just not being consistent enough. DCL has not done much since coming back from injury and Everton are in trouble and look like a bad team. Out of the strikers you mention I do think Idah is coming into a bit of form so could be worth considering. I think your Cornet shout is a good one and will look to transfer him in once I see he is back playing up front for Burnley as I'm a bit concerned he might not be a striker in every game. Sanchez is 0.2mill more expensive than Dubravka so that is why he is there just to cover the Ramsdale blank game weeks and a bench boost which I'd hope to play soon. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Considering using my WC... currently 65 PTS behind in my money league...

But it's a mine field...

Looking at wolves defence cover, cornet of Burnley as he should have a few doubles coming up, currently have 3 arsenal players who have a few blanks incoming...it's all very tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Back for my second visit of the season to this thread, , WC activated, currently on

Ramsdale -Foster

Robbo - TAA - Cancelo - Ait Nouri - Digne

United Mid - Martinelli - Foden - Bowen - Ramsey

Broja - King - Kane

Enough in the bank to move the united mid to Salah for GW26. Have used my BB, both FHs in tact

Thinking I can avoid using a FH in 27 by moving Robbo, probably to a Spurs defender

Decision to be made on which united mid to go for on a one week punt, maybe Pogba.

Should I go Ait Nouri or Davies?

Should I go Foden or Raphinha?

I don't love the King pick but all the strikers are uninspiring, have the option of King -> Maupay?

All thoughts welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Maybe Weghorst for King as a punt? Looked decent last night and Burnley have loads of games coming up

Yea Weghorst and Raphina instead of Foden look like good changes. Foden has gone off the boil lately and probably will be rested against Norwich or the game after that anyway.

Also don't bench Ramsey, I made that mistake this week. Ignore his price and play him, he's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've had him for seven weeks at this stage, hasn't played for two, played for two and benched for three. 27 points on my bench, 4 in my team

Mahrez is turning my head. With the BB gone I could afford to go a 4.4 striker, it would take away some of the headaches around benching Ramsey but I would be short a player in 27. Alternatively I could go Idah for the extra 0.5m, not sure thats worth it for 0.5m

Ramsdale -Foster

Robbo - TAA - Cancelo - Ait Nouri - Digne

United Mid - Martinelli - Mahrez - Bowen - Ramsey

4.4m - King - Kane

Would like a DGW striker, maybe do the hokey cokey between King & Weighorst, I see theres speculation Watford could have a DGW in 27 also.

Advertisement