Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard Data Analytics Courses

Options
  • 24-08-2021 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey, looking for some advice on part time data analytics courses. I have two offers which I am weighing up at the minute ; a level 8 higher diploma in data analytics from CCT college and the level 9 postgraduate certificate in fundamentals of data science from TU Dublin.

My background is in finance/economics and current job involves a large amount of spreadsheet analysis and I'm looking to develop skills in programming/data visualisation etc. to pursue a career in data analysis/science. I also have experience in econometric research for a part time masters which I recently finished.

Obviously the qualifications are different with the postgrad cert being level 9 vs the level 8 higher diploma. Also the postgrad cert is only 30 credits vs 60 for the higher diploma so not sure if this means a large difference in terms of course content? Be great to get any opinions from anyone familiar with the courses as to which one is the best option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

I took a data analytics Springboard course in 2019 in DCU. Complete trainwreck. My advice to you would be to review the modules offered and ensure there is cohesion.

Is there a springboard data analytics course that someone would recommend as being of sufficient quality for a decent job as many springboard courses don't actually provide skills that meet any job description and are more of a mish mash of semi related topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You're doing it for the piece of paper. The content, you could cover better on your own and in less time, and you could focus only on the areas which interest you.

There will be hundreds of people graduating with the piece of paper, though, and businesses will assume this means they're more educated, so you get stuck having to get it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Binkyingrabbit

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to you this year. Instead of Hdip in data analysis, I'm thinking about MSc in data analysis in CCT or the level 9 postgraduate certificate in fundamentals of data science from TU Dublin.

Did you happen to do any of these courses? I'm struggling to choose between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sorry, didnt realise this was a dead topic.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement