Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Roscommon Town

Options
  • 24-08-2021 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

My wife and I are looking at buying a house on the outskirts of Roscommon Town. We like the house but it doesn't have access to broadband faster than about 11-12MBps over the phone lines. SIRO have Roscommon Town down as "planned" but no idea when that will be.

I spoke with Imagine who provide coverage but I'm not convinced as to the quality of their product. Are there any other options we should be considering? At a bare minimum I think I want about 30Mbps down and something with decent latency.

I've checked the NBI rollout map and this house isn't down for intervention as there is someone in the area providing a service over 30MBps. I presume this is Imagine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

not imagine, must be vdsl

put eircode into the checker on airwire website

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Have you checked eir's fibre coverage map? https://fibrerollout.ie/ The Green areas already have Gigabit Fibre-to-the-home, and the blue areas have Fibre-to-the Cabinet (up to 100Mbps). Perhaps the previous occupants hadn't bothered upgrading to fibre, even if it was available? It is a big mistake to buy a house that doesn't have a proven availability of decent Broadband, or that is dependent on patchy wireless service. There are plenty of houses that already have access to Fibre-to-the-home. If the house you are looking at doesn't have fibre-to-the-home, you should seriously think about choosing a different home nearby that has.

Advertisement