Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Show feels like it's trudging along. Maybe next episode

will have something .. like maybe the lads getting into the thick of things to get info on Eamons stash

Feels like the show is leaning heavy on Clare Dunnes performance of Amanda.

It's still early days but nothing feels like it's sticking yet. They might be rushing it a bit.

Good performance from Hinds for the small amount he was in it. He really does make a great Caesar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

As someone above said, the cast can only work with the material they are given.Look at Aidan Gillens performance in the Wire, a properly written show. I haven’t made it past the first episode of this. Don’t feel compelled to catch up either. Just didn’t feel credible to me at all.

Thats a birth mark as she seems to have it offscreen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amanda so wants to jump Mikey's bones again, did she kill Anna's mother in a jealous rage blaming Mikey or letting him take the blame, he was out of it on drugs

What age is Jamie, Anna and the other son?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This x 1000, I love the whole I'm only watching it as there's nothing else on..... literally thousands of other tv shows to select from on streaming services, players, tv providers, etc.

If we do a shot for each one of those terms mentioned on the thread you'd be dead haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Are people not allowed dislike/hate something , but still watch, and then comment on it....

I think it is a very poor series so far, but im still watching it cos i just wanna see how bad it stays.

That is allowed , isnt it ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I don’t watch series for this reason but each to their own. I am more once there is a bad series in a previously good drama I’ll likely quit it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You hate a show but you want to stay with it to see how bad it stays. Yeah ok. 🙄🙄

Lifes too short to watch something you hate and then spend time discussing how much you hate it 😂

Personally, i have never used the word HATE to describe it..

Slow, pile of steaming shyte - yes.

Hate it - no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Never said that. Have never even mentioned him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So I don't get why Micheal would have had such a loving relationship with his daughter as a child, if he kill her mother in a crazed drug induced rage. I don't know why I should feel sorry for him, or why he has been let out of prison. His daughter can forgive him, but to want to regain that relationship I don't think that is a realistic possibility. And this is where his story lets him down as a character.

Also walking along with 2 liter bottle of Cider??? and perhaps she is a drinker, but we all know at that age you'd be wasted after the amount she's supposed to have drank. And the amount of times you'd be going for a pee.

With that said she did a fair job but ultimately I don't see her character going much further. Killed in the crossfire?

"I think it is a very poor series so far, but im stiill watching it cos I just wanna see how bad it stays"

If only I had your free time. If only......

Its 1hr a week ?????

Are people really that busy ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's like Fair City but with fewer scary characters, oh and no Spar shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭J.P.1994

Yeah that's what I do all the time - i pick a show I hate, watch it week in week out, just so i can moan about it online - perfectly normal behaviour 🤦‍♂️

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't get the "hate" thing, it's an Irish show that has a great cast and a bit of a storyline, it doesn't set the world on fire and I won't go out of my way to watch it but I'll have it on while I'm doing other stuff. I binged the first 3 episodes and it was a grand watch but there isn't a whole lot to keep you going but there is a few "inaccuracies" that are annoying but I'll keep watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Gillen gets a bad rap but his performance here is, well, convincing, let's say. His character is clearly based on "The Monk", Gerard Hutch, a clever, low key type of criminal who is successful at what he does and enjoys the spoils of that success. Ultimately, he is doomed to lose everything in a war of attrition with both his criminal enemies and the Gardai.

I....DID.....NOT...SAY....I....HATE...IT..... 🙄

But im not the one offended by people that like/love it , or that dont have the same opinion as me.

Excuse me?

Im a troll ?? 🤭 You do understand how online discussion forums work yeh ?

(its not if someone disagrees with you, you call them names - Thats playground mentality)

• Advertisement

"Are people really that busy????"

To watch stuff they don't like. Absolutely. YES.

Are yee two involved in the show? You seem to take the criticism to heart .....

Anyway, maybe stop derailing the discussion on how Slooooooooooooooooow the shooooooooooooooow is .........

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

The ongoing whining about criticism is a better plotline and acting (up) than what's on the screen.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Said it in loads of my posts, i completely understand people not liking KIN - or any other show. Where it gets a little suspect for me, is posters who were on here in the first week saying things like they couldn't watch past twenty minutes it was so shite, and still they're popping up every week like clockwork to slag it off. And btw that's not a "discussion" (which I'm all for), that's people with an axe to grind.

And what's really hilarious is the very ones like you who are laying into the show hardest, are then clutching their pearls and getting all indignant ("that's playground mentality"!!!) when people argue back.

You want to spend an hour of your week watching a tv show you don't like so you come on here and slag it off - knock yourself out buddy. And likewise, if I have something to say about your comments, I will.

''Slow'' - that's ten Bingo points.

I've seen another recent "Fair City" reference too.

You guys need to expand your vocabulary. I'll courier a Thesaurus to the winner of this week's Kin Bingo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

mod: people are entitled to watch a show for any reason they see fit. TV appetites are not absolutes: people can love something, hate it, or have mixed feelings that contain both positive and negative feedback.

All these perspectives are welcome and encouraged; however, please do not single out users for abuse, insult or call them trolls. Keep it friendly. If someone's point of view annoys, then feel free to user the "Ignore" feature on Boards.

Of course I work for KIN, thought that was obvious. I mean if viewing figures of over half a million every week say anything at all, it's that only someone who worked on it could possibly like it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

All the characters are far to polished & the hitman brother looks like he's one of those happy pear lads ,

Don't get me started on one of the brothers being called Viking WTF...........although his missus is a stunner,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Are you off yer tits? Wretched? Out of shape?

I don't think a trip to Specsavers will do enough to sort you out

Advertisement