Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The casting and story lines in this series are taking dramatic licence to extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭reclose

Will Bren be alive by the end of this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Explain to me how a successful prosecution could result from the use of that SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I hope so but fear not.

Makes Eamonn Cunningham look like Mary Poppins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ah! That explains why shes.. sleeping... with.... him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

maybe Chemist Bird will take over Kem's role - might be Bren's idea

might bring her into the fold, and she could lure some unsuspecting rivals into a honey-trap hit type situation.

Bren: "Alright Mikey, you follee the pair of em, and when she (chemist bird) starts whackin' him off, you clip the k*o@t!"

😃

it's a theory anyhow. I reckon she'll be part of one of the two Kinsella factions come season three

• Registered Users Posts: 10,369 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Fair play to the writers.

After eleven episodes almost all the talk is about two people, one who only appeared twice in the first series and the second one only midway during series 2.

And none of us really know where it's going.

Post edited by thesandeman on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Frank talking about 'getting out' of the game makes me nervous for him, he might get Eugene Pontecorvo'd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

Birdy seems a bit protective of Viking, is that because he's her son or because he's a loose canon? She also seems close to Nikita, buying her stuff and having a chat with her to keep Viking on the straight and narrow.

I think perhaps Birdy is Viking's mother but perhaps she was gang raped or abused by Bren's gang rather than Bren himself. I don't think Bren is Viking's father, he is quite nasty to him.

Maybe Birdy had Viking and Frank is bringing him up to show he's not gay, Bren's gang are probably homophobic especially 20+ years ago.

Frank and Birdy are close, a much different relationship than with Bren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Here you go what?

Do you understand the article and how EU data protection legislation makes it more difficult for law enforcement?

Anyone able to explain how Bren’s actions make him evidentially vulnerable? Cos it ain’t the case. Unless the scriptwriters screw up he’s not placed himself at risk with that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭De Bhál

if the guards were recording the calls to her phone then they'd have his voice match...maybe...bit far fetched probably

No, that’s a possibility. She’d have had to have given consent for the recording though. For it to be admitted to court one party has to have agreed to it.

In all likelihood she won’t now give evidence and would deny giving consent. Even with a recording of the threats it’d be of no use to the Gardai.

They can’t pin anything on Bren for this. And I think we’re going down a wormhole. We all know he’s much more likely to be shot than arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

You’re focussing on them being convicted on the basis of the phone call. A call like that would surely lead to Gardaí coming around to question staff maybe punters. It’s not the attention any gang would want.

With cameras about they might have Eric on the premises when the call was made. Add that to the suspected sighting at the chip van and they’d be all over him.

No way they’d make that call in the office where they run their business from. Maybe we’ll see if it was a stupid move in upcoming episodes.

What regular in that pub is going to speak to the Gardai? They’re unbothered by the police fishing for info.

And you’re assuming they can pinpoint the pub as the location, never mind the office. Nothing legal to pin on Bren for that call. You’re surely aware of the irrelevance of circumstantial evidence? A scriptwriter screw-up if they use that, and the producers seem pretty savvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Ah right… the gardai wont bother going around since nobody will talk to them anyway 🙄

I wonder why they left their phones at home when they went up the mountains with Kem. Sure they probably wouldn’t be able to get their precise location and if they could it’d be all circumstantial right?

You can think criminals are making calls like that willy nilly from their own premises but I don’t. Let’s see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

This is probably a minor point but people with epilepsy have to nominate a specific chemist to get free meds so the cops would know where he gets his pills but I still doubt she's uc as I'm sure they're not allowed ride the suspect that would cause all sorts of problems in court surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Like Scots Interpol guy riding Nadine, Aido's girlfriend in season 5 L/H, I remember Detective Monynihan blowing a fuse when he found out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lampwick1942

"I wonder why they left their phones at home when they went up the mountains with Kem?" This was to prevent their movements being tracked by modern phone technology which would give a road map of where they'd been.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Appeared to be startled by the bullet proof vest so unlikely to be anything other than genuine.

some of the writing in this does appear to be lazy, and since the killing of an innocent bystander has already been done the surely they couldn’t dump it in again, I’m thinking the lad needs some company but the amount of visitors during the nights Michael receives is surely offputting to any partners of interest.

was probably a good call (good call hehehe) to take sim out of phone before burning up the whole shebang

am at a loss as to why the sim card itself wasn't burned/destroyed individually - granted it's so small, and almost impossible to find

to me that's as big a plot stretch as finding the actual card itself, which conveniently-ish was chucked into a skip - not to mention what's already been mentioned: the (seemingly non-existent) Pin Number /Unlock code 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fcuk sake, its tv, just enjoy it, yes there will be gigantic holes in things, but jesus!

How are you finding this so hard? Viking and Anthony left their phones at home as their location would match Kem’s location at the time of his death. That would not be circumstantial evidence.

Bren was not hiding his location. No need.. If the Gardai trace the call to the pub they have no SIM, no phone and circa 20-30 people in the pub who could have made that call. It wasn’t done in a private house. It was done in a public place with several possible callers present ie everyone there.

Him being in the environs is circumstantial and not evidence that any prosecutor would attempt to use as they’d be instantaneously embarrassed by the judicial intervention.

Yep, testimony becomes inadmissible. She’d be taken off the case. I agree with several others here saying it’s building towards her being an accidental victim.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They would use it. They wouldn't hang a case solely on it but they would use it in conjunction with other evidence to try and get a conviction. It was a stupid oversight. They should have just made the call somewhere else.

obviously , but this is a thread discussing the show 🙂

obvious plot faults are always gonna get plenty of mentions - probably as much, or moreso, than folks guessing on how the characters are going to develop - or the obvious: "what's going to happen next / where are the 'twists' going to come from?"

tis the nature of TV discussion boards :pac:

not like i'm one of these idiots that can't tell fact from fiction , and given to shouting obscenities at the actors on the streets for being gougers, or pat them on the back for a (fictitious) job well done - some uneducated types (apparently) think Fair City eg is real, with idiots complaining to the actors/actresses; seriously doubt any of that mallarkey happens myself, unless the person has a few loose screws or is off their heads

PS hope Bren gets whacked - odious individual what's a definite "loyabilahtee" - as his "psychotic hard man" routine might work against weaker/lower level types , but he'd be Brown (Bren😋) Brade if he tried that craic (like in the pub with the barman of a lesser mob, what used get their supplies from Kinsella Outfit) on a Division One crew 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The thing is, if they wrote about keys being dumped in a reservoir with a dunnes valueclub card attached. Then said reservoir going dry because of unusual good weather.

Then a guard doing their job with a little bit extra diligence. Everyone would say major feckin plot hole/exaggeration. However that's exactly what happened in real life!

I mean yeah there's going to be stretches....the only one that really seemed far fetched was the chipper van in the middle of nowhere. The rest I can live with.

Advertisement