Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Banks and SEPA Instant

• 25-08-2021 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

Any sign of any Irish banks supporting SEPA instant?

I have it with N26 and its incredibly handy when the receiving bank supports it. But there doesn't seem to be any Irish bank offering it, last I looked anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

There are 3 Financial Service Providers in Ireland participating in SEPA Instant:

BARCLAYS BANK IRELAND PLC

PFS Card Services Ireland Limited

SumUp Limited

But none of the consumer banks are and until it becomes mandatory there is little hope.

Also N26 does SEPA instant INBOUND only, not outbound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

What are Revolut using - are they not also using SEPA?

Unfortunitely, I can see the Irish Banks persisting with their own project for another few years, squandering millions to finally roll out a lesser quality instant payment service... That will only facilitate instant payments between the three remaining Irish banks. Madness (but just like the time that they insisted on rolling out their own useless debit card - the Laser Card)!

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭10-10-20

To my surprise, I just did a SEPA from my BOI to my N26 this morning at 10am and it hit the N26 at about 3pm. Not instant... but a damn sight better than the 3 days of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

A damn sight faster than years ago, but I wouldn't put up with transfers being that slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭AngryLips

BOI and AIB are both clearing banks so transfers to/from these banks are faster than non clearing banks such as PTSB

• Advertisement
Advertisement