Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Haunted House" near Carrolls Cross (Dawn Meats) factory near Kilmacthomas

• 25-08-2021 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

With my mother from west Waterford, we used to travel down to the cousins quite regularly when I was younger. We used to pass the "Haunted House" (I'm using inverted commas as that's the name it was given to us as kids) at the address below. I heard stories of new occupants fleeing the house in terror and a bunch of guards dared to sleep the night in the house (which they ran out because of the strange happenings).

As the visits to west Waterford lessened, the frightening sight and thought of this derelict house also dwindled. Until, I travelled to Kilmacthomas to do the lower half of the greenway a few days ago.....only to see that the house is still derelict (but in relatively good condition) after all these years.

After Googling around, I have found absolutely nothing in relation to the house. My understanding is that it was quite well known in the locality for being haunted. Please don't tell me it was a contrived story by my parents and that there is actually some decent backstory to the property.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.2264465,-7.3391192,3a,75y,353.28h,93.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sv9GRMNCFqscy2pQzTU116Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

PS : I don't believe in haunted houses. I would like to hear some tales of it though. And even though I don't believe in haunted houses....I still absolutely and catergorically would not stay in that house overnight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Not something your parent made up, its a' known house ' alright.

Been the same condition for the last 20 years at least.

I think there was a thread on boards on it years back

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I always wondered why it was uninhabited for so long!

It does look a decent property with strong potential!

Advertisement